When will my belly swelling go down? - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When will my belly swelling go down? When will my belly swelling go down?

Unread 10-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Re: When will my belly swelling go down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkadots View Post
Wow! I am so glad I am not the only one! I am 13 weeks post-op and I look like I am six months pregnant most of the time! I even bought a pair of maternity jeans because regular ones are so uncomfortable. I still have pain like the bloatedness from pregnancy...this is not what I signed up for! Is this normal???
Hi polkadots,

It seems most women have the swelly belly. My doctor said the swelling can last up to six months; however, from reading other threads regarding this subject, some women have swelling longer than six months. I speculate it may last for a year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2010, 04:08 PM

I am 13 months post TAH & BSO. no pain or problems of any kind. I don't have swelly belly, more like a bit of a dent on one side of the incision. No one sees it except me and my sweet husband who isn't bothered. I wore a bikini all summer and my belly looked nice and flat. Remember you have lots of inner healing which does take time but be patient. Before you know it, weeks will go by without you even remembering you had surgery.
Unread 11-03-2010, 08:30 AM

Hi All,
I will be 9wk po on friday and i too have a swelly belly and it seems to get bigger thru out the day. I went back to work full time 9.5 hrs/day and on Monday it was the worsed. My belly gets bigger after about 1hr sitting and grows more on standing and it too is still sore and numb. I had a little belly before surgery TAH but nothing like this, it looks like i am preg and it is above incision it swells so much the incision even hurts, i was wondering how long this is going to last? Everybody describes their belly like mine looks. Does anyone have pain with theirs still? My belly is really sore to touch. Thanks for sharing it really does explain alot. So I know what to look for. This really is a great site for explaining things. Love to ALL
Unread 11-03-2010, 09:25 PM

My swell belly never hurt at all. It just lasted for 5 months.
Unread 11-03-2010, 09:40 PM

how old are you? i think a lot of this is. your age, your stamina..your gentetics.. im week five.. i tried on my jeans.. oh ya they fit.. but they hurt like crap.. im almost fifty one.. ill wear mom pants for a few more weeks.. abdominal surg..not for the faint of heart..or bellly.. who is with me/?
Unread 11-13-2010, 09:13 PM

Well for a few days my belly was flat but now it so big. What happen I'm going on 5 weeks. Don't like my belly swollen.
Unread 11-14-2010, 10:55 AM

You probably were a little more active. It is just inflammation & it will go away. It is a long process. Hang in there & I wish you the best.
Unread 11-14-2010, 02:00 PM

I am 7 months post tah bso with a vertical incision. My incision is still red and very noticeable. I have not put on any weight as far as the scale is concerned but my clothes are tight around the middle. I work out at the gym without results.
Unread 11-14-2010, 02:11 PM

I sure hope the swelly belly doesn't stick around for very long. I can't wait until it goes away permanently but I am far to early in the recovery period to even think about it going away.
Unread 11-14-2010, 06:48 PM

Mine lasted 5 months but it does go away. Just get creative with clothes until then.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register