had DA Vinci yesterday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

had DA Vinci yesterday had DA Vinci yesterday

Unread 02-06-2014, 08:13 PM
had DA Vinci yesterday

Hi Sisters

Had my DA Vinci yesterday.. Was sent home this morning. I feel pretty good but its frustrating needing help with everything. I took a shower this evening and felt much better.

My surgeon said my uterus was three times normal size, about 240 grams, normal is 80. He also said two very large fibroids. He is waiting for pathology reports. I had a biopsy in October that was negative. Now I am just resting at home. My sons and DH are being great. I am taking my place as Princesd.

Thank you to !y sisters could not have favced this with out all of you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Re: had DA Vinci yesterday

Glad your feeling well. I had my da Vinci done on Monday and was released Tuesday. I'm really sore and swollen. And I too am having to rely on others for help. Just glad we have someone to help us thru it.
Unread 02-06-2014, 10:58 PM

Glad you are feeling well! So far so good! Listen to your body and don't set any expectations..just flow with it all. It will feel DARN good to have that heavy bulky uterus out (mine was 2500 grams) once you really start to heal. Take it slow and pamper pamper pamper!! HUGS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2014, 03:28 AM

Welcome to the other side! Now that you are a you need to make sure to , hang out here and share with ----- NO , ,

Make sure to ask and follow your 's orders.

Unread 02-08-2014, 11:29 AM

😊Welcome to the other side! It's wonderful! I feel like a huge solid mass is gone from the middle and it feels great! I am 11 days out and am doing amazing! My doc said I have only one time to heal right so be good and treat your body like you would want your daughter to treat hers! Boy its hard because I feel so great! I have seriously been taking it easy. I also take the anti inflammatory meds and ice on the from with heat on the back. Feels great. Yesterday was a big day, out to Joanne's for some blanket makings. Boy that car ride was a lot. I had davincy so my belly already looks and feels great but the outside of V is still swollen and seats are hard. Today a little spotting so serves me right! But so worth it to have sun and fresh air on my face. Today I showered, put on a new pair of boy shorts with a thin little panty liner. I also have been lightly dusting my pad and panties with baby powder. Feels great and fresh. I had a little breakfast, took half a pain pill and will be jamma mama all day. I'm listening body, I know you are tired so today we rest. Thank goodness for HysterSisters and Pinterest! Funny thing to mention, I was afraid after my bandages were off to shower with just my steri strips. Thinking of incision sites makes me nauseous. So I tried these big band aid squares. About killed me to take those off. I think I lost skin with all of them! So I put my creative mind to work. Press and seal! A little one foot square peice fit perfectly over my tummy and stuck just amazingly! Got out of the shower, peeled it off no problem! I'm a baby I know but it's the best stuff! Well I've typed too much. I just wanted you to know we welcome you here and are all going through goofy things. My best thought of today is that I am down in weight, not that I needed it but I have no problem eyeballing those jeans at the bottom of the stack that were my "tight" pair! Many many many good wishes lady friends and spread the word of this site! I have told everyone! Hugs muah muah

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register