I Feel like I have lost my mind.. please help me...... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Feel like I have lost my mind.. please help me...... I Feel like I have lost my mind.. please help me......

Unread 10-27-2005, 09:52 AM
I Feel like I have lost my mind.. please help me......

Lilla,

I understand only a little about this disease and realize that it is chronic. Hopefully things will settle down for you after the prednisone is at its low dose and surgery is further behind you.

I still think that you should call your doctor. Even the pulmo doc. He/she should have some good advice on how to make this more bearable for you and your family.

Please take it easy. Try to rest And remember that the steroids will slow your recovery from surgery so you have more reasons than most of us to pamper yourself for longer.

Bless you,

Dianne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2005, 10:04 AM

You guys are so wonderful, thank you all so very much!!!
Today I am down, can't really get out of bed and this is so wonderful. I way over did yesterday, My DH is so mad at me for over doing yesterday. he has done everything in the world to help but when it comes to the emotions he just doesn't know what to do... I know alot of this is the steroids I have an appointment with the pulmo doc on the 1st. I will have to let him know that I don't think a year at this dose will be suitable for me. it has taken its toll for sure... I do know now after all this reading that I am not to far behind and I do need to rest... tho today I have no choice, I was out doing Doc appointments for my son who has broke his foot for the 3rd time in 8weeks and my daughter (16) who is Bipolor Schitz. and her meds are running out. and then me ofcourse who demanded to my regular that if I don't sleep soon there will be nothing left of me! lol Last night 2 of my kids went to the football game and someone threatened to fight them so I ofcourse speed all the way to the school to save the day and found a really mean speed bump... (OUCH) so not moving much today.. lol

Thank you all sooooooo very much.....
you are all in my prayers
Unread 10-27-2005, 10:37 AM

Lilla.

Just to ease your mind a little bit, at three weeks post op i felt worse and hurt worse than i did at day one. Even though I am still having some issues now, at 7 weeks post op, the pain is pretty much gone. I also had thrush and my dr just gave me a little pill and it went away, so you should ask your dr about that.

Best wished to you.
Stacey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2005, 10:51 AM

Lily,

I know that everyone has already mentioned that the prednisone is probably what is probably causing your anger and mood swings. I would just like to add a few things based on my personal experience with my son. He has ulcerative colitis. He is currently 15 and doing well. When he was in third grade he had a terrible attack and had to be on 50 mg. of prednisone. A horrendous dose for a third grader.

The dr. explained to us that taking a high dose of prednisone could be compared to your worse pms day ever 7 days a week. He told us to give him A LOT of slack. My normally mild mannered son got in three fights in the third grade and except for the dr. intervening with the principal he would have been kicked out of school. Everytime something would "trigger" him and he would go postal on them.

I would suggest sitting down with your family and developing a safe word for them. I know this sounds funny or strange, but an idea we used was to tell my family to say "oranges" or some other word when "they" perceived I was losing it. I couldn't figure out I was being unreasonable. They would say the word and then just leave the room. It will give you time to regroup and figure out how to chill out or even have a big cry. It's not worth getting in huge drama with your family when this is NOT THE REAL YOU -- IT IS THE PREDNISONE!

My heart goes out to you. It is a rough road, but one you must go on because you need to get well.
Unread 10-27-2005, 11:14 AM

my heart goes out to your son.. and your family.. you know my daughter has been bipolar since she was 7 and the schitz was reconized about 6 years ago.. she has always been on heavy meds and very unrealistic. I now think I know some of what she goes through and don't know how she deals with it. The code word sounds like a great idea!!!! I love it.. and I will try it thank you... I am doing pretty good today have only broke down about 3 times.... I seem to do much worse when I am alone for some reason.. atleast I know I'm not crazy... I do not think I can handle this treatment for 1 year.. I don't know if they will put me back in the hopital after my appointment or not, but I do now know if they say go I will go and not fight it this time...
I would say the lack of sleep on top of the steriods is 90% of my troubles.. I am lieing in bed and can barley move today, this is prolly a very good thing.. thank god for lap tops
Thanks again for your kind words... This has all been so helpfull today
Unread 10-27-2005, 04:40 PM

I have taken Prednisone twice in my life for pneumonia and both times I had really bad anger issues. The worst was a road rage that made me afraid to drive, not to mention how much I embarrased myself in front of my girls. Also, I wanted to eat all the time and couldnt sleep more than a very few hours a night. I cant imagine going through that while recovering from a hyst. My heart goes out to you....hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register