gotta love that pool | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

gotta love that pool gotta love that pool

Unread 06-17-2008, 08:21 PM
gotta love that pool

after 2 week check up my doc told me that I could drive and go get in the pool. Call me chicken little it was not until week three that I started walking in the pool. I have done walked in the pool almost everyday for about an hour a day....My back feels sooooooooooooo much better my belly feels better, and I lost 3 pounds having fun with my husband and parents.....when your dr recommends that you can get in the pool...............GO FOR IT............ just walking in the shallow end is heavenly! Friday I go for my 4 week check up, we will see how well Im doing then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2008, 08:57 PM
gotta love that pool

no fair! my dr told me 4 weeks no driving no swimming!! Maybe cause I had a TAH? Did you have a TAH or a TVH?
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:00 AM
gotta love that pool

I had TAH and my doc told me now swimming for 4 weeks and no driving for 2 weeks. I had my cervix removed and a vag cuff that had to heal so I don't think they wanted to risk infection if I got water up there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2008, 10:02 AM
gotta love that pool

I had a TAH, but after 2 weeks he told me that I could drive and swim, he said that everything looked great.
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:46 AM
gotta love that pool

hi;

I was given the "all clear" at 3 weeks post op I waited up to after my 7th week to do almost everything, I also had a SAH/BSO (abdominal)...I am a BIG chicken, I waited because I really didnt want any complications or infections going in there from either the incision nor the vagina.....
Unread 06-18-2008, 11:17 AM
gotta love that pool

I was told six weeks to swim!! I have my one week check up tomorrow, so I am going to ask again. It's summer in FL, I gotta at least splash around in the pool!!
Unread 06-18-2008, 11:50 AM
gotta love that pool

I worry about car rides. If someone runs into you, even a small fender bender, wouldn't that be really bad for Total Abdominal too early? I have my two week appt. tomorrow. Hubby is driving me, but I am really afraid to be in the car right now. Guess I will talk to the doctor about what I can do and when.
Unread 06-18-2008, 11:57 AM
gotta love that pool

I was surprised when the doctor released me from the hospital on Saturday after a thursday surgery that I could get in the pool next week! I think I'll wait to get out at all until my two week checkup. Although I'm feeling better everyday, I don't want to do too much too soon.

I had TAH, and the only reason I can't take a bath instead of shower is because they stitched my incision on the inside and glued it on the outside. Apparently, soaking in water will make the glue go away too soon. So far my incision looks great with no swelling or tenderness.

Another hurdle crossed - today I can laugh, cough, and sneeze with little discomfort.

Hugs to all!
Unread 06-18-2008, 03:05 PM
gotta love that pool

Hi White Swan,

Sounds like you are doing great - I hope that continues for you.

I will be 8 weeks on Thursday after a TAH but have had a very slow recovery. My gyn told me at 6 weeks I could have a bath and go swimming. Tried swimming last weekend and it was very painful on my front but bliss on my back! My chiro says even though I might be a bit sore the next day it is really good gentle exercise and to try to keep it up. The weather this week isn't too good but once the temp goes up I will be back in there.

I go back to work next week p/t and f/t the week after so wish me luck on that!

Hugs to you all and speedy recoveries,
Unread 06-18-2008, 03:13 PM
gotta love that pool

I admit i too was afraid to get in the pool after 4 weeks for my vaginal cuff wasnt healed yet. Doc said its healed now at 6 weeks and to get my butt in the pool and walk. We have an inground pool in my backyard. Guess i should get in.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register