Scheduled dVH/RALH Hugs to all of you...I was so scared! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hugs to all of you...I was so scared! Hugs to all of you...I was so scared!

Unread 01-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Hugs to all of you...I was so scared!

Well when I first found out I needed a hyst incl cervix, uterus and 1 ovary I was terrified, cried, felt like a baby. My surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday the 19th. I was told they are doing it DaVinci BUT my fibroid is so big they may have to still go frontal cut due to the arteries it is blocking...not a comforting thought.
So I started to read via internet and got more "freaked out".
Then I found this site.
It has calmed me soooo much..sure Im scared and have my off moments at night but I realized all the hundreds and thousands of women here all felt this way and are either recovered and in the midst of it - brought great comfort to me.
...So my scared or "freaked out" sisters, please realize it will all be over soon and we will be the ones soon helping others on this (:
Wish me a successful surgery please! Daina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Re: Hugs to all of you...I was so scared!

Hi Daina!
I'm headed to the castle two days before you. So I will see you on the other side. I am so glad I found this site too. It is comforting.
Best wishes to you as you get closer to your date! My biggest issue is I can't get motivated to clean and organize! I did it before my first surgery date but this time I am just tired. I am hoping to spend the weekend getting ready and by then I hope to be much more motivated!!
Good luck and post soon after if you can.
Unread 01-13-2011, 10:12 AM

Hi Talala,

I think being tired is a way of preparring...not sure.

Ive been crazy tired too...Im working but on my days off I sleep and nap a lot..I kinda think by napping I am building strength, taking vitamins and eating good...

Im kinda doing the princess treatment now to prep for sucess
Im going to get a pedicure (no polish) tomorrow and then going to stores to find a long nightgown to wear around the house (Im tall so long is hard lol!)...dont worry bout the house too much, just what you will need..I have books I bought that I wanna read by my bedside, a clean robe, new slippers, tissues etc. movies to watch...then ill go food shopping to get prune juice, puddings, jello, treats etc...Im making it fun for me so I guess I stay calm (:

You will definately hear from me on the other side! Good Luck to you my Sister friend! I will silently hold your hand on Monday and you will have a very successful surgery! Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2011, 11:37 AM

Hi ladies, I am going in for my TVH on the 27th, I too read up on the internet and found some pretty scary stuff! So finding this website was like a breath of fresh air. I hope all goes well with you guys and I look forward to hearing your recovery stories! I guess its normal that we are a little freaked out! And as far as the motivation for organization!!!! Ha... its been a tuff battle, but I find that doing one or two tasks a day and focusing on them helps keep my mind off of the surgery, and little by little I can check things off my "to do" list. Keeping your Ipod loaded with all your favorite tunes is alot of help too. Well ladies again I hope all goes well with you both, and Daina I wish you all the success in the world as you head off to the castle to become a

Lots of Hugs
~Tammie~
Unread 01-13-2011, 12:36 PM

Hi Daina!

I'm heading in the day before you are for LAVH (hopefully, if doc discovers too much scar tissue this won't be an option but it's what I am focusing on!). I too am so glad to have found such a great resource as HysterSisters! What a relief!

I've been cleaning, organizing, etc like crazy. I'm not sure if it's to keep my mind occupied or because I know I am so stinkin' OCD about my home and my family just won't be focused on the same things I do.

I will admit that I am starting to notice that I have more moments of anxiety as the date approaches, but will be glad to have this behind me.
Unread 01-13-2011, 12:42 PM

I had anxiety too. But, I'm glad everything is out. See you on the other side.(((((((((hugs))))))))
Unread 01-13-2011, 12:44 PM

Mrs D..

Haha...I hear you...my husband kids around saying itll be so much fun around the house without OCD me vacuuming etc...lol!

Im hoping the time off will make me not so OCD...but I have been thinking I may ask my friend to have a cleaning lady come over while hubby at work to do the bathrooms lol...

Good Luck! and see there may be an added benefit, OCD cure..lol!
Daina
Unread 01-13-2011, 02:37 PM

I'm scheduled for Saturday and I'm a complete basket case. Needles freak me out. I'm putting off my lab work (which I'm supposed to do today). But I'm more scared about the IV.
Unread 01-13-2011, 03:28 PM

Colette..

Im sorry...you will be GREAT...promise!

Whats helped me is reading the positive posts from all over the country..do you have anyone who can take you and be firm with you...my hubby did that a little and it soooo helped...I mean it is not good for our bodies to add stress and worry...so..
GO...get the labs tomm...I swear phlabotonists (sp?the real needle people) are soooo good youll be saying is it in and theyll say, its done! Trust me I was like you once and found they arent anything like nurses! So your lab work will be a breeze...promise(:
You can call your dr to see if they can prescibe a pill before you go in to calm you and once the IV is in, theyll drug you more and youll be like I dont care!
Youll be done and happy at home when on Tuesday ill be driking my prep stuff to go the next morning as the 1st surgery.
Dont get me wrong, Im scared, but pull strength from others...use your facebook to have friends pray and youll find the strength.
Hope this helped
Unread 01-13-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakedout View Post
Wish me a successful surgery please! Daina
Absoloutely wishing you the very best with your surgery and recovery, Daina! It's great to have you here on the site!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register