Vaginal soreness?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal soreness?? Vaginal soreness??

Unread 09-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Vaginal soreness??

Sorry to be so blunt but my doc is out for a week and need help/advice. I wont see another doc so i will wait to see her when she returns. For the past 3 months off and on i have vaginal rawness(?) almost feels like i have small cuts down there? Sorry not sure how to explain how it feels. Here are all my symptoms:
Vaginal rawness
Increased white discharge
Burning down there due to rawness

None of this is caused after sex or anything but im soooo frustrated because of this we cant be intimate because its uncomfortable. Any ideas? Anyone experience this at all? Ive never had this happen before and frustrated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Re: Vaginal soreness??

It's dryness caused by lack of hormones from surgical menopause. I had the same thing. My doc said to use any OTC product for that such as Gyne-Moistrin to relieve the dryness. Don't use anything scented or with chemicals like Vagisil. It will only make it worse. Use mild soap such as Ivory to wash, nothing scented. You could ask your doctor when you see her if maybe you could get a prescription for some cortisone cream to use for a short time until the soreness goes away.
Unread 09-21-2013, 05:00 PM

That's my symptoms when I have a yeast infection. Are you itchy? Is there an odor?
Get this checked out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2013, 05:03 PM

Hollybun, I should have waited for your response! Lubricant is one of our best friends for us sisters.
Unread 09-21-2013, 05:07 PM

Thank you all. Im sefinetly not dry by any means. This happens even when we go for long periods without sex. Its like its so raw that theres small cuts? Im not really sure how to explain it. No itch and no smell
Unread 09-21-2013, 06:46 PM

Wanted to add that i have burning and pain at the same time. Like it burns but also hurts. Im just hopeing someone else has had this problem too
Unread 09-21-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acmj1985 View Post
Wanted to add that i have burning and pain at the same time. Like it burns but also hurts. Im just hopeing someone else has had this problem too
Acmj1985-I too am experiencing the raw feeling and burning you are describing along with a lot of internal moisture. I am 8 weeks post op. I made an appt. with my gyn. She tested my vaginal ph which was not normal indicating I have bacterial vaginosis and I am on antibiotics. You can test yourself with an at home PH test kit. I bought a kit from Walgreens so I can check my PH level after taking the antibiotics. It is located in the same aisle as sanitary napkins. Located next to it are homeopathic treatments for vaginosis. This may be the route you can take until your Dr. is available.
Unread 09-21-2013, 08:18 PM

I have read Estrace cream can help with vaginal issues. I am using it for urethral pain, hot flashes, insomnia, and to prevent vaginal atrophy. I am sure folks are sick of hearing me mention it. But it really helped clear up every issue i had.
Unread 09-21-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesister64 View Post
Acmj1985-I too am experiencing the raw feeling and burning you are describing along with a lot of internal moisture. I am 8 weeks post op. I made an appt. with my gyn. She tested my vaginal ph which was not normal indicating I have bacterial vaginosis and I am on antibiotics. You can test yourself with an at home PH test kit. I bought a kit from Walgreens so I can check my PH level after taking the antibiotics. It is located in the same aisle as sanitary napkins. Located next to it are homeopathic treatments for vaginosis. This may be the route you can take until your Dr. is available.
I was tested at the doctor's for everything and there was nothing bacterial or yeast wrong with me. I was told it was a common symptom of menopause. The burning, itching and cracked skin... I always thought vaginal dryness meant you'd feel very dry down there but it's not so much dry as irritated. I think that term makes it confusing.
Certainly Acmj1985 should be tested by her doctor, but more than likely it is nothing serious.

Acmj1985 in the meantime using some Gyne-Moistrin or other lubricant and some OTC cortisone cream will make you feel more comfortable while you wait to go see your doctor. It helped me a lot!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register