Week 5 Swelly Belly.....still have it or is it gone??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Week 5 Swelly Belly.....still have it or is it gone??? Week 5 Swelly Belly.....still have it or is it gone???

Unread 06-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Week 5 Swelly Belly.....still have it or is it gone???

Hi Ladies,

I'm in my 5th week post op and STILL have the swelly belly. I know it's different for everyone, but I'm wondering why it goes away on some a whole lot quicker than others. I WAS a size 10/12 pre-op with a swollen belly already from being in so much pain & being pretty much inactive. But at this point my stomach....from the top of my ribcage right down to my pubic bone is just plain ole puffy & huge! I guess I'm just frustrated, I walk more than 2 miles everyday, drink lot's of water, and eat pretty healthy.......... what does a girl have to do to get her clothes to fit again?? LOL

For all of you who have "lost" the swelly belly, please share what you have been doing with me pleaseeeeee????

I had everything taken out by LAVH, so I know there is lot's of healing going on in there but when I hear other sister's around my surgery date that are fitting into their jeans/ clothes......it makes me wonder what the difference is??

It just bites having the summer off, and nothing to wear! LOL LOL LOL

Hugs to all,
Sherri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2007, 07:15 PM

Still have swelly belly.....it doesn't really present itself until I have been up for quite a while and then "ta da"!! I like first thing in the a.m. when I my tummy is actually "flat"...has not been that way in YEARS!!

Anyone who has banished the swell I'd love to hear how too!
Unread 06-09-2007, 07:39 PM

I wonder the same things, im 7 weeks post op and befor surery was 11/12 and after surgery 16 and now im a 14 and dr said i only gained a few pounds . I rest a lot and go for walks and obeyed all dr orders and swelling still here GRRR.
hugs
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2007, 07:45 PM

I'm so glad to hear others are having this problem still!! I asked my OB/GYN if I've just gained a bit of weight and my body has shifted or if I could still be swolled. He said I would not still be swolled--not happy to hear that! At least now I know I MAY still be experiencing swelling.
Unread 06-09-2007, 08:19 PM

My doc said I had a little swelling left, but the increased size (that I would call swelly) has something to do with the lymph system. They cut lymph nodes and then they swell. I thin he said something about retaining water in them???? .. I have lost a few lbs. and my tummy is bigger below the bellybutton than it was pre surgery. I hope it is not a permanent state....
Unread 06-09-2007, 08:21 PM

i still have swelly belly and i'm over 3 months. i can fit into my clothes/jeans but the belly makes things a little tight by the end of the day. i feel actually swollen..not weight
it'll be around awhile. i've heard some ladies are still having it 8 and 9 months post op..
Unread 06-10-2007, 09:38 PM

I am about 8 weeks post-op. I still have the swelly belly. I know that I have gained some weight. I am not sure what is fat and what is swelly belly. I have been 2 inches bigger at bed time, than I am in the A.M.
I am so tired of the extra...........Fluff!
JCEE
Unread 06-10-2007, 09:50 PM

OH Great! 8 weeks. UGH so wish I hadn't read this thread I am so done with this belly! But there is comfort in numbers
Unread 06-10-2007, 09:56 PM

So Sorry!!!
I guess it won't help to tell you someone told me that she still swelled some at 6 months.
JCEE
Unread 06-11-2007, 07:00 AM
well....

I've read here where some still do at a year....
Let's hope for the best.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register