So depressed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:37 PM
So depressed

I am feeling really depressed. I just want to sleep, I don't want to talk to anyone, go anywhere, do anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Re: So depressed

Aw honey it does get better so hang in there. We are here for you so go ahead and let it out. I know from experience what depression and anxiety are like because I take medication for both (chemical imbalance). If you have been feeling this way for awhile I would see your Dr. There is help out there and you do not have to suffer. Please see some one and keep us posted. I am passing for you.
Unread 04-22-2012, 05:07 PM

Please see your doctor and let him or her know how you feel. I had a family member that did not do that and now, we are living with the consequences of her actions. You deserve to feel better and the first step towards that is talking to your doctor. Please keep us up to date on how you are doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2012, 05:15 PM

You have my permission to sleep as much as you want today!

Tomorrow will be better. ((hugs))
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:30 PM

You probably NEED the rest, go ahead and sleep - your body and mind are recovering, and trying to tell you something. Your emotions will likely be all over the place, after all you've been through. Take it easy, and ask for help if you need it - there is support out there. And here! We're always here for you.
Big hugs!!!!
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:42 PM

You're pretty normal for what you have been through. It's only been a little over 3 weeks since your surgery, and your body still has a lot of healing and recovery to do. Most of your energy is going toward the healing, leaving little for anything else. Just get as much sleep as you want, lay down for long naps or rests in the afternoon. Getting horizontal really helps.

At 3 weeks out, it isn't uncommon to just collapse in tears from any stress or from being even a little tired. This gets better. If you have a day when you are feeling energetic, don't push it and try to do too much. Give it another week or two and you will start to feel better. It took me until about 5 weeks post-op before I started feeling a lot like my old self - and now at 5 1/2 weeks post-op I still get tired pretty easily. Just be patient with yourself and don't expect too much at this time.
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:35 PM

Sorry you are feeling this way. I have not been emotional at all since surgery - no crying or mood swings - but yesterday I must've gone thru a box of tissues! I have also felt depressed the past 3 days. I have not felt that way in a long time....maybe all the emotions have caught up with me. Since we had surgery the same day, perhaps we are going thru similar emotions. I think part of it is we have been laying around for 3 weeks and we are just bored! Are you working? Maybe try and meet a friend for lunch or coffee. And make sure you shower everyday! I noticed when I don't shower i feel really lethargic. Hang in there!!
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:50 PM

So sorry ...I'm about 3 1/2 wks post op and am slightly down and have had mood swings. I'm usually a very social person but haven't had the desire to really being around many people. Hang in there!! I was told this is pretty normal and it takes a while for our hormones to level out. If you can't wait for that then I would definitely be seeing your dr. Hang in there! Hugs!
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:29 AM

I went to work today, my first day back. Just half days this week, it is a desk job but very stressful.

I also was at school Friday and Saturday and I think it wore me out. I am so, so tired. Crying quite a bit. Frustrated that I am feeling this way.
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:51 AM

I had a terrible week last week. So sad and angry. No motivation. Frustrated. Hopeless. It was week 4 and up until then, I had been so happy and recovering so well physically...it just came out of nowhere! It scared me, to be honest with you.

My advice? Give it a few more days, but please know that if it doesn't get better or if it happens again, you may need to ask your doctor for help. For me, I have another appointment next week and I will bring it up, but as suddenly as it started, it stopped...I felt better yesterday and even better today...but I am certainly going to tell my doc about it. You should, too. It's scary enough to have this surgery, recovery should be about moving forward, not backward or getting stuck.

Peace.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register