Woke up Dr. @ 6:00 am | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Woke up Dr. @ 6:00 am Woke up Dr. @ 6:00 am

Unread 09-26-2003, 06:06 PM
Woke up Dr. @ 6:00 am

Well today was a day from h*ll. It started with 2:00 am flooding. This was the worst flooding...no I mean hemorraging, I have experienced to date. Not to be gross, but I literally could not get off the toilet until about 5:30 am. It was endless bleeding for about 3 hours (about like a faucet with a steady fast drip). I tried to leave a couple of time, but even with a super tampon could only be away for a few minutes before I had to rush back to the toilet again. I started feeling light headed and thought I should probably call the doctor as this was a bit scary for me

I called him/answering service and he called me right back. It was a bit disconcerting when he said, "I am sorry, now when did we do your procedure?" I said, "Well, you haven't done it yet, its next Thursday". Then he said "now was that an ablation", I am like "Nooooo you are doing an LSH". He said, "I am sorry, I just didn't remember" At 6 am I guess I understand, but it still made me feel like I was out there by myself. I was so exhausted, I started crying from fatigue and frustration When my DH heard the phone ring and then heard me crying he thought someone had died.

I would have stayed home but I had some people coming from Los Angeles for a meeting and there was no way to cancel, so I just toughed it out until 3pm when I went to have my pre-admission lab work for the hospital. I hope my bleeding episode does not mess up the readings. The bleeding seems to have subsided to a manageable level, I just worry if this might happen again. It is amazing that I have been on birth control pills for 5 months (last 1 1/2 double dose of stronger ones) and still the bleeding continues. Next Thursday will not be here soon enough for me. If I could have gone in this morning I would have done it in a minute. I just hope the next 5 days are less traumatic than today. Sorry this is so long...I just needed to get it out of my system.

:eyes:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2003, 06:36 PM

Hi Cyn,

Your story sounds so familiar!!! I remember the months before my surgery, sitting on my bathroom floor, crying because the bleeding wouldn't stop - soaking through 8 super plus tampons and two pads in an hour! I remember that I ended up in the ER twice and was admitted once for a cardiac workup because I was so weak and having shortness of breath. My goes out to you, that's no way to live! (In my worst moments, I would gladly have done a do-it-yourself hysterectomy just to get some relief!)

But that's all over now!!! And life is so good on this side of the road!

Just hang in there, sweetie. It will all be a bad memory soon that you can put behind you as you enjoy your new life.

Oh, by the way, here's a link to a very old thread that might give you some ideas about how to stop that heavy bleeding. I'm rather embarrassed by my own reply to the thread, but the technique actually works! https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...user+and+nurse

Best wishes and s,

Lisa
Unread 09-26-2003, 06:47 PM

My DR told me that if that happens to me to get to the ER. He said he'd do my surgery in the middle of the night if he had to. I hope this doesn't happen to you again. As my DR would say, "Bless your heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2003, 07:02 PM
Cny...hang in there.

Thursday will be there before you know it (though it may seem like FOREVER!) Hang in there. We're thinking of you. The days leading up to it are the absolute worst. breath...breath...visualize pain free, bleed free life!
Unread 09-26-2003, 07:11 PM

Aww Cynthia

Been there, done that!!! And it is scarry. I gave up on tampons cuz, there was just no way. Fortunetly I did not have to go to work. I am sorry you did.

I don't Geritol for the fun of it.....And of course you get light headed and short of breath. The heme part of hemeglobin, red blood cells, carries oxygen to all our cells, cuz all the cells need it. And if you aren't carrying enough iron you can't carry the O2. Ugh.

I know that it hurt you , a little, to have your doctor not remember exactly who you are, he didn't have your chart at home and gosh, trying to remember the particulars on several hundred patients at a time.....impossible. Don't give up on him yet...And maybe he didn't get home until really late because of an emergency?

After my worst time with NiagraFallsFlo I asked my gyn for something to help, pointing out I would need transfusions if we didn't slo this down a bit. He took the hint and gave me projesteron. I still clot and bleed, but so far no NiagraFallsFlo.

sounds like you go in soon.Yipee. I am happy for you. Hang in there....it will be over soon.

Dilu
Unread 09-26-2003, 07:23 PM

Lisa, you are too funny- just read your old post.

Been doing that- maybe it's helping don't know cuz am taking progesteron so who's to say. I do like Ice packs on the pelvis. My honey thought I was nuts, labor day weekend, but it helped!

You try it Cyn and let us know. might sleep better?

s

Dilu
Unread 09-26-2003, 07:32 PM

Yes Lisa...it was quite the inspiring post and quite useful information too. In fact, I am not getting any.. any other way these days...what with all the obstructions in place, I will definitely look into it. Of course I will have to do it while my DH is not around...might get jealous or aroused....whoa then I'd really be in trouble.
Unread 09-26-2003, 08:07 PM

Hi Cynthia,

I too can relate to that type of bleeding. I had a few episodes like that at work, where I just couldn't leave the bathroom and when I finally did it was to have them send me home in a car. I eventually became so weak that I couldn't work, I've been on disability since the end of July. I was dizzy all the time, had a hard time breathing and it even became hard to see. I some times think these docs forget that we need blood to live, because they don't take our complaints as seriously as they should.

As for your blood work, your blood count may come back low because of the heavy bleeding. They may end up rechecking it the day of the surgery to make sure it's alright, I had to have 4 transfusions before they would operate to remove a fibroid. But chances are if the bleeding has slowed your blood count should improve before the surgery.

Good luck with things next week! It's almost over for you!

Mary Ellen
Unread 09-26-2003, 08:30 PM

Cyn - oh my gosh what a day!!! Just keep thinking - 5 more days, 5 more days, 5 more days!! I know that right now it seems like it is going slowly but when ou look back -it'll be like "wow! did that go fast" In the meantime know that there are a lot of us thinking about you! Did dr. give you any suggestions or tell you to come in if it starts again? I guess I am lucky, my heavy bleeding like that stopped after my three year old was born - it was just the pain that I had to deal with and you don't have to clean that up! I hope the next few days are better for you-

Amy
Unread 09-26-2003, 09:09 PM

Amy:

The doctor said I should go to the hospital (one near his office) if it didn't start to improve right away. Unfortunately that is a half hour drive from home and my DH and son were still sleeping. Within a half hour it had slowed up enough that I was not worried too much. I emailed him later to tell him I was okay and he replied that that was great, and unless I had any other problems come up, he would see me on Thursday morning.

Best suggestion actually came from Shashi (Lisa) read her post and then click to the thread. I told my DH about the suggestion and he says..."that sounds like a great idea! Can I help?"

Five More Days! Five More Days! Five More Days!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register