Leg Pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-18-2002, 05:12 AM
Leg Pain?

I am not sure whether to associate this leg pain with the endo pain I have been having for the last 3 days.
And, I know you all cant say for sure but just wondering if any of you experienced this with endo.

Pain started on right side of lower pelvic area, pain then shoots down my right leg. Its a constant pain, not coming and going. Any cold touch to any area of the pain on the leg makes it hurt worse...like the surface is very sensitive. I am probably not making any sense at all lol.

Anyone experience leg pain with endo?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2002, 05:42 AM
Leg Pain?

Hi Wendy

I had pain like that (radiating down my legs) from fibroids. What you're experiencing sounds a bit more severe than my situation but it was a constant shooting pain at times. I didn't have endo so perhaps you'll get more information on that from another sister.

Hope the pain goes away soon!
Unread 10-18-2002, 06:34 AM
Leg Pain?

Hi Wendy, I didn't have endo either ,but I did have that leg pain. My dr said it was most likely from the uterine tumor I had pushing against nerves . I do know that my back & leg haven't hurt since 2 weeks after my hyst. I hope you get relief soon, maybe you should call your dr and ask what you can do for it. Hang in there, I'll be praying for you. s

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2002, 06:38 AM
Leg Pain?

Hey Wends! Great to see you here again, but sorry to hear about the leg pain.

What concerns me is the sore to the touch and sensitive to cold references. I think you should call your doc or doc's nurse and report this and see if they want to check into it. Especially if you can rule out any muscle strain/injuries. Don't rub the area - if by any chance you have a blod clot we don't want you to dislodge it.

Take care of yourself!! [I am not a medical professional, just a fellow sister with endo who wants to see you take care of yourself!!]

Unread 10-18-2002, 08:15 AM
LEG PAIN TOO

I AM EXPERIENCING LEG PAIN TOO AND A CONSTANT PAIN ON MY RIGHT. SOMETIMES MY INNER THIGHS AND BELLY FEEL LIKE THEY ARE ON FIRE AND SOMETIMES IT IS JUST A SHOOTING PAIN ALL THE WAY TO MY KNEE. USUALLY ON MY RIGHT. MY DR HASN'T DIAGNOSED ENDO YET AS SHE WON'T KNOW UNTIL THE ACTUAL SURGERY TAKES PLACE. I HAVE ENOUGH WRONG (FIBROID, UTE PROLAPSE, CYSTOCELE, RECTOCELE, AND OVARIAN CYSTS) THAT THE SURGERY IS NEEDED ANYWAY AND IF THERE IS ENDO, SHE WILL DEAL WITH IT THEN. SHE THOUGHT THAT THE PAIN MAY BE FROM THE CYSTS AND BURNING FROM SOMETHING PUTTING PRESSURE ON MY NERVES SINCE EVEYTHING HAS FALLEN AND IS OUT OF PLACE. IT IS SOOO MISERABLE BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU ONLY HAVE A FEW MORE DAYS LEFT AND THEN IT WILL FEEL SO MUCH BETTER. I DECIDED TO FOCUS ON ONE THING THAT I REALLY WANT TO DO THAT I HAVEN'T FELT LIKE DOING FOR A LONG TIME AND HAVE BEEN CONCENTRATING ON THAT TO GET ME THRU THIS WAITING. GIVES ME SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO AND A GOAL TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF MYSLEF SO THAT I CAN DO IT. SEEMS TO BE HELPING. GOOD LUCK AND HOPE YOUR PAIN EASES. HANG IN THERE!!
Unread 10-18-2002, 08:56 AM
Leg Pain?

I agree, something is putting pressure on a nerve or nerves, can be fibroid or endo. If you are having surgery soon then let's hope you will feel relief.

If you still have these systoms long after recovery then you can chase the diagnosis. But...numbness, burning, shooting pains from the butt to the thigh down to the foot can be a pinched nerve, swollen disc, etc and have nothing to do with our pelvic problems.

I've had surface skin nerve pain also. Neuralga, feels like icy pin pricks and or newly burned skin. Very sensitive to cold. If I get chilled it's worse but I can't cover up because clothes makes the skin feel like it's burned. I've had this every where except my face and head over 30 years. It comes and goes and does not bother me much any more.

I'm hopeful that surgery will give you much relief. I know it's hard to get comfortable and nerve pain wears you down. Terrible combination..never pain and fibroids, bleeding etc. Hang in there.
s
Unread 10-18-2002, 01:53 PM
Leg and back pain

Wendy,

Glad I ran across your post.....My only symptom has been constant lower back and leg pain (more left than right) for approximately 10 months. After undergoing lots of tests and procedures, my GYN found during a DX Laporoscopy that I had scar tissue from endo that had caused everything on left side to grow together and attach to the pelvic wall and the large bowel. He said this can put pressure on the sciatic nerve and cause the pain I am having. My pain isn't exactly as you explain though. Sometime I have sharp stabbing pain in the center of the left "butt-cheek" and hurt all the way down to my toes on left; other times it starts in the groin and is a dull ache all the way down.

I agree with the other Sisters that you might consult your Doctor about this. The sensitivity, etc doesn't sound right. But I think everyone's pain is quite different and seems I have had every kind of sensation mentionable in the past few months.

Good luck and hope you feel better!!
Unread 10-18-2002, 02:12 PM
wow....

sounded as if i wrote that post! i too am having terrible back pains been told everything under the suns wrong from a disc laying on a nerve to a oulled muscle to arthritis even told it was NOTHING.. it sometimes feels like my back is caught kinda like a crick you get in your neck and it goes all the way down my left side to my pelvis and settles in my knee...
so sorry to sound so excited but its good to know there is something wrong and that hopefully surgery will end it.. its a constant pain with me but way worse during my cycle. i tell you girls i just feel like i am falling apart!
i'm 34 but lately i feel like i'm 74 just wanna lay around and whine thank the good lord my hubbys an awesome guy or i'd be in real trouble
Unread 10-18-2002, 02:24 PM
Leg Pain?

I too have the leg pain but mine just started. I get it when I am about to start bleeding again. It starts in my lower right side in the area of my apendix the shots down my right leg. It comes and goes but the pain is a paralizing (sp) pain.
Unread 10-18-2002, 02:32 PM
Wowee!

Thanks you guys(err...sisters)

Sounds like I am not alone on this one! I am pretty possitive this is not sciatic nerve pain...its very weird, unlike anything I have experienced before. This pain I am feeling that I assume started all this is from endo on my right side which I never felt before til 3 days ago...its always my left and center. Maybe the fibroids in my uterus has something to do with it? Heck, I dunno. The sensitivity down my leg is what has me alarmed...then the deeper pain came to follow. I did speak with the nurse at my gyn's office and she said that most likely it was due to the endo but that didnt do much for me.

I do go to see my gyn monday and will post that seperately from here. Reason is cuz I have another question

Thanks a bunch for all your replies!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register