Sept 13th surgery date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sept 13th surgery date Sept 13th surgery date

Unread 08-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Sept 13th surgery date

It seems like every post I read, everyone is either in tons of pain or bummed out and all the people I talk to on the outside say this is the best surgery they ever made the decision to make, am I over reacting, is anyone out there happy about their decision and doing tons better or am I cancelling and takin my chances,, thanks, Denna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Sept 13th surgery date

I'm four weeks post-op today and doing great: went hiking a couple of days ago, planning on dancing tonight. First intercourse yesterday, and it was very nice.

It definitely was the right thing for me to do, having the surgery. I still have some twinges, and some intestinal difficulties (mostly constipation), but from day one after surgery I felt better than I had before.

Everybody's different, but there are lots of happy outcomes.
Unread 08-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Sept 13th surgery date

Hi Kiannarose!

I am two weeks post-op and doing GREAT!!! I am soooo glad I had my hyst! Decades of pain just GONE!

Don't let all the "negative" sounding posts on the post-op side scare you away. We tend to post threads when we're hurting or have questions... I think those of us who are doing great tend to spend more time on the Friends Without Faces board - if we're posting at all.

Take care... and get ready for the best part of your life!
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Sept 13th surgery date

Thank you so much, I feel so much better, I am sitting here thinking how badly I want to change my life for the better and I needed to hear that, my biggest goal will be to ride a horse again, even thought the back it shot, but at least no worries about flooding again out the blue after 7 mos no period, (I am 55, last Sat) should not be having any bleeding, hyperplasia, thanks again I was getting a tad worried..... Denna
Unread 08-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Sept 13th surgery date

Hi Kianarose!

I'm 3 weeks post-op tomorrow, and have not regretted it for a nanosecond. I wasn't in lots of pain, etc. before - so I kept second guessing myself.... 'just some uterine tumors, low hemoglobin, occasionally owies, etc.....'

When 'the most wonderful doctor in the world' opened me up he found all that and adhesions and an unexpected pre-cancerous tumor on an ovary, too!

And the greatest part is how good I feel! Yes, I've had surgery, and yes, there is an incision that is healing - but my overall energy level is higher than I remember in 5 years!!

I truly didn't realize how bad I felt until I no longer felt that way! Does that make sense at all???

(and I turned 47 in the hospital!)
Unread 08-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Sept 13th surgery date

Oh my gosh perfect pal, thats me, I keep second guessing myself when I am not bleeding and (I am 55) should not be happening at all and then I think WOW, never want to see another emergency room, sick of them, I am so glad you are doing well and I cant wait to be over here, thanks ,HUGS, Denna
Unread 08-17-2004, 06:00 PM
Sept 13th surgery date

If I had it to do all over again...I would have done it 2 years earlier! There's no sense in living with the pain and everything else that might go with it. It takes some time to heal - but compared to life before, it's a cake walk!
Unread 08-17-2004, 06:00 PM
Sept 13th surgery date

Me next me next! I feel like a new woman I know that I am only a week post op but I feel so much better. Before surgery I had horrible back pain and it is gone I will never have to deal with aunt flo every again no more cramps I love the idea. There is going to be pain from the surgery no one here is gona lie to you about that but you are going to feel so much better. I had a TVH with BSO I had alot of pressure that felt like someone was pulling my insides out for about 2 days and then I felt so much better. If I had to do this all over again I would in a heart beat. So far I have been so lucky with no night sweats or hot flashes but I know that they will be on there way one day soon as I can not take the HRT but I feel great.
Unread 08-17-2004, 06:09 PM
Sept 13th surgery date

Thank you so much, again, my back pain is horrible, but alot of it has to do with the back as well, the band of pain I get around my mid sec is something I cannot explain, you all make me so excited I really cant wait to be free, I already have hot flashes etc, and for those of you that do not know about them yet they truly are not that bad I promise, its kinda neat in the winter time, you get so used to them you dont really give them any notice, thank you all so much, I just love you all....Hugs, Denna
Unread 08-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Sept 13th surgery date

Hi Denna,
I had some complications after surgery and was not feeling well at all for the first 3-4 weeks but like the sister said in another post *poof, now I feel all better!* I came here and posted when I felt bad because I knew the sisters would be here to help me. I had never had any surgery before and I was really frightened about every unfamiliar symptom. If you had asked me even two weeks ago if I had done the right thing by having surgery, I might have said, no. Looking back, recovery was difficult for me but now I feel so happy that I had it. I'm only five weeks but things have really turned around for the better in the last week.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register