I can't believe I did this..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I can't believe I did this..... I can't believe I did this.....

Unread 11-22-2006, 10:07 AM
I can't believe I did this.....

I had a Dec 20th date, and after posting a question on the holidays, and a lot of thought, I am seeing if they can reschedule my date. My step mom is in her final stages of cancer, and this will be our last Christmas with her. I faxed my GYN's nurse with the situation and told her if she could do earlier in the month, or right after Christmas, I would truly appreciate it. I just don't want to take a chance on my recovery being hindered by doing too much, but on the other hand I really want to have this be a special Christmas, so, I'm back down to not having a date, and don't even know if they can do it this year, or if I'll be into next year.......... Thanks for listening and being there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2006, 10:11 AM

I hope you get a date that better suites you and is not too far away.
I think you made the right choice.
I had a LAVH and ended having to stay in the hospital for four days. The fifth day, when I got home, there was NO WAY I was doing anything and there is no way I could have enjoyed Christmas.
I am glad you will not regret your last Christmas with loved ones. It will help your healing come along so much better as well if you are not stressing and worrying about the holidays and it being such a special one to miss out on.
Hope you find out soon when you will be visiting the castle.
Unread 11-22-2006, 11:20 AM

When it was first decided that I needed a hysto my doc was ready to schedule me for surgery then and there. It would have been 2 weeks away. I was NOT mentally ready at that time and my doc knew that was an important thing for me. With your stepmom's illness, it sounds like you're not menally ready either. You need to be able to focus on you and you alone in order to heal properly. I think you made a wise choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2006, 12:20 PM

I think in light of your family situation, you've made the right choice - after Christmas is likely best. And, really it may only mean a couple weeks more waiting but the Christmas with your step mom will not be affected
Good for you for having the foresight and compassion to think of others! We're proud of you!
Unread 11-22-2006, 01:30 PM

I agree with the other sisters on this one. Always listen to your heart! I'm sure it will mean more than you'll ever know that you've made this choice to be able to enjoy this special season with your family. Time is precious, after all.

Here's hoping you have a blessed season full of beautiful memories you'll treasure forever. God bless!

Hugs!
monami
Unread 11-22-2006, 01:37 PM

I think as the others that you have made the right decision...It is so important to enjoy every minute possible with our loved ones when we have the time....Good luck to you and your family...
Unread 11-22-2006, 01:48 PM

I agree. My doc wanted to schedule me for Nov. 27th, which meant I would have had about a week and a half to prepare myself mentally and physically. After talking with my family, we decided it was important to us to wait until all of us could be home together, so we decided on Dec. 14th instead. It's going to make Christmas tough, but who cares as long as we are all home together.

I think each person has to decide for themselves when they are ready to do it and what other things in life they are willing to rearrange. For me, having my daughters home from college and by my side was the most important aspect of picking a date.

I hope you get a new date that you are more comfortable with!

Judy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register