Scheduled TAH Pre op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Pre op

Well ladies pre op tommarow ,
Still nervous , having second thoughts etc
Like what would happen if I just didn't do surgery ?
I have large fibroid. Enlarged uterus tht had gotten bigger 5 month preg size they say
Cyst on ovary. Baseball size
Still bleed some , but getting better , some days large clots and heavy bleeding I'm 53 yrs old , anemic

Any thoughts ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Re: Pre op

Try to think of it this way....you have a large cyst on your ovary that can rupture, or twist your ovary. 5 out of 6 of my laps were to remove large cysts. It has to go away somehow, and most likely through surgery, so best to just get it over with. That's how I'm trying to look at it I've put mine off for 3 years thinking I'm just used to the pain, so I don't need the surgery. I'm finally telling myself (after two doctors pointed it out to me last week) there shouldn't be any pain to get used to though! So to answer your question of 'what if I don't do the surgery?' you have to ask yourself, will all these issues you listed go away on their own, or with a different treatment? If you're like me, and you've tried everything already, then your answer would be no. That's what I keep telling myself.

I've actually been on the gurney, looking at the operating room sign with my IV all prepped and waiting for my doctor when I would think "The pain isn't that bad! I don't need surgery. Abort mission! Remove the IV, I'm feeling better!"

So to try to avoid that this time, I just keep reminding myself that even if the pain subsides, it always comes back. If I have to go in to remove a cyst or endo again, for the 7th time (one was an oopherectomy in addition to removing a cyst and endo), might as well take out all the stuff that has been causing me problems for the past 20 years.
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:55 AM

Hi, march 15th I had a tah. For a very large fibroid and enlarged uterus. I have a vertical incision that runs to my belly button. I had complications with my heart rate and blood loss after surgery. I am only 32. But if I hadn't had those complications it wasn't that bad. I haven't taken any of my pain pills just over the counter. The just sitting at home and healing is the worst part. I would like to be back at work and back to my life. Honestly, the gas after surgery was the worst.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2013, 10:50 AM

Thanks so much for the replies,
Guess its natural to have second thoughts
Just wish this hadn't happen to me. Don't mean to whine ;(
But I have tried medications other treatments are not an option I'm told they say this is it , so guess I'll just follow thru
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:37 AM

You're not whining. It's so completely natural to have second thoughts. I just keep telling myself that I am on a mission to be one of those women who say they feel so great, they wish they did it years ago. But I'm still 3 weeks away! Wait until I'm closer to the date, like you, and you'll see a similar post from me, I'm sure. My previous surgeries were scheduled pretty much within a week to 10 days, so this 3 week to a month thing stinks.

Good luck tomorrow. Deep breaths
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:31 PM

Dear sunshine, none of us "want" this surgery so don't blame yourself for having second thoughts. I went for a well woman exam in January, and the next thing I knew, I had to have a radial Tah with removal of both ovaries and bonus bladder work. I got several opinions and saw there was no escape.... Had surgery February 21.
Try to surround yourself with positive upbeat friends and know we care
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:24 PM

So thankful for all of you and the support and good thoughts
I also hope I'm here saying how great I feel in another couple weeks or so
For now good nite

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register