Last cycle and worse than ever | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Last cycle and worse than ever Last cycle and worse than ever

Unread 06-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Last cycle and worse than ever

The pain is more than I can bare. Literally. I have a very strong pain threshold so for me to admit it is making me cry is bad. I've been up for hours now just because of the pain. On my left side I feel like I have a knife jabbed into me. It is so sharp and intense. It takes my breathe away. Could this pain be associated with my fibroid or is it a cyst on my ovary?

I barely started flowing last evening and passed first liver (more like the size of two) this morning. Pain still has not subsided.

With this pain, I don't care anymore how they fix me, just fix me. Make the pain stop.

Oh, and the pain is making me nauseated. Several times already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2008, 10:28 AM

Hang in there Jessica. It was pain like that last month that finally drove me to make the decision to have a hysterectomy this month. I kept hoping that maybe I hadn't tried enough alternative remedies or was doing something wrong. This month I hang on thinking, "this is the last time". Maybe a hot pack might help a little.

Jax, TVH scheduled Jun 25 or 26.
Unread 06-14-2008, 10:41 AM

You guys are on the right track. Just when I was wondering if I really needed the already scheduled surgery, I had my last cycle.

Some of my last memories include the worst back pain I think I'd experienced AND the desperate need to run to the restroom while in Sam's Club, where I needed to literally mop up the floor before I went home.

I'm at 6 weeks now after having LAVH. I can tell you I honestly feel so much more like my old self, without all the drama and cramping and crippling back pain. Without all the horrid interruptions in everyday life, I can put all that energy toward being interested in eating better, exercizing more and enjoying the people around me.

Waiting is the worst part of surgery. Try not to worry. Keep busy. I remember asking my surgeon the next morning if she was SURE she actually took anything out of me, I felt so good. Recovery between weeks 2 and 5 got a little stressful, only because I was trying to get back in the swing of things and probably overdid.

Peace, my friends.....

You'll do fine!!!

Take care,
Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2008, 05:51 PM

Hey June 2008,
I'm in my last cycle too (for the past 2 weeks!). I know exactly where you're coming from. I had incredible pain the first few days and I've been very tired the rest of the time. I fell asleep last night at 7am and still needed to take a nap in the middle of the day today! I keep thinking THIS IS MY LAST ONE! I can't wait until it's over with! Hang in there you're almost at the finish line! Wishing you strength and lots of energy.
Unread 06-14-2008, 06:50 PM

I usually bleed for 3 months stop for 4 days and bleed another 3 or 4 months. right now I am bleeding and the pain is awful, and omg but I thought I was hemmorhaging last month cause I went through 26 tampons with pads (all super absorbent, have to wear both cause of the heavy flow) in 14 hours. so I called the nurse at the hospital and she said my good ness you could be hemmorhaging, so I went to the ER, was already taking metformin for PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and that wasn't working so the doc in the ER put me on a birth control pill short term and it did nothing but slow the bleeding but did not stop it and the pain was just as bad if not worse.
ugh I'll be glad when this crap is done and over with! and it's expensive! buying 2 boxes of tampons and pads a week is rediculous.
and you know, I think pads and stuff should be free for women, I mean really, who would volunteer to have this bleeding junk even if it were a normal flow. lol.
huggles all me

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register