4 wks post op - been great- now hv pain in left side and sore across front of tummy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 wks post op - been great- now hv pain in left side and sore across front of tummy? 4 wks post op - been great- now hv pain in left side and sore across front of tummy?

Unread 01-29-2012, 01:04 PM
4 wks post op - been great- now hv pain in left side and sore across front of tummy?

Hi, I had my hyst - lap assis vaginal on 29th dec, removed fibroid stage four endo and took ovaries too.
I've been great tbh not really had any problems, infection first week, but surprised at how well I've felt.
Since this morning I've had what can only be described as a pulled muscle feeling on the left side like where my ovaries were.
It's got worse as the days gone on, and my tummy across the front feels as if it's getting more sore as day gone on. Can anyone else relate to this? Could I have done something?
Hope you can help me? Worried? :-(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Re: 4 wks post op - been great- now hv pain in left side and sore across front of tum

I would called your dr. to see if anything is fine to but your mind at peace.
Unread 01-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Re: 4 wks post op - been great- now hv pain in left side and sore across front of tum

It may be that you overdid it. I get random pain/burning still. This week it is pretty much where my incisions are so I think it is muscle healing.

Calling your dr. would put your mind at ease and make sure everything is ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2012, 03:22 PM

Hi Honey I had My LAVH on Dec 28th. I too feel great and had my post-op last week. My tummy is very swollen and I feel like I almost have a small knot on my right side. I have been putting heat on it and my MD gave me some tylenol #3 and told me in 2 weeks that they will do a ct if it is still there to make sure that something didn't herniate. He also said he feels that it is just trauma from an instrument called the trocar. I wish you the best of luck. Please take it easy and don't over do things.

Big Hugs!
Unread 01-30-2012, 04:52 PM

I felt better at 2 weeks than I did at 4 weeks. I had a TAH and was numb above my incision for the first month, but once the sensation returned, I realized how much work had been done and how much healing still had to take place. Even now at 9 weeks, it makes me jump if I bump my belly against the counter while cooking, or if I rub it too hard.

I actually joined this site around the 4 week mark because I was nervous about the increased level of discomfort. Pulling pains in the sides of my belly, and a burning sensation around the middle of my belly. It was all part of the healing process, as it turns out. However, only you can judge how severe your pain is. If you have any concerns, make sure to talk with your doctor about it.
Unread 01-31-2012, 02:50 PM

Hi all,
Thanks for all advice! I had my apt today with consultant!
Well it seems the lap instrument that goes through two major muscles, has caused the problem! It seems I've stretched a bit too much and the muscle has tore at the scar tissue point, coz apparently scar tissue doesn't stretch!! Silly thing! Anyway as I'm going away to America next Friday, he decided against a repair till I get back, just told to take things easy.
Well, I have to share this, he examined me internally and said that I was healing nicely even though there are still stitches in there along the one side! But the greatest shock of all was what he told me next!! Now I'm not sure whether I'm just totally stupid and just don't really know exactly what is a woman's body is made up of and what a hysterectomy involves! But I nearly passed out when he went onto to tell me that of course I would not hv to keep having smear tests anymore! When I looked confused and said why? He said how can u hv a smear test when you don't have a cervix anymore!!! NO CERVIX,,,, erm sorry! Did I hear right? I DON'T HAVE A CERVIX ANYMORE. So if I didn't feel very female before I certainly don't now! I asked him exactly what I did have and my bits are basically the tube out of a toilet roll, that have been stitched up at one end!
So, since I've come home, I'm confused, why would they take my cervix??? Or is it what happens? Also, I'm now really bloody paranoid, that everything is gonna fall out! I'm walking more tentatively than ever!M
Can someone pls tell me what this non cervix is or whether I am just totally blonde!! I don't mind the honesty, I am tempted to pinch one of the kids biology books!
Kym xxxx the toilet roll holder!!!
Unread 01-31-2012, 06:36 PM

In a total hysterectomy, the cervix is removed along with the uterus. I asked my doctor what was going on with my vagina now, and he said that the first thing they do is stitch the top of the vagina closed (it's called the vaginal cuff), and then attach it to the ligaments that used to support the uterus. These ligaments run from the front to the back inside. He said that is one thing he makes sure is well attached so there won't be any problems.

Check out the information tab in the menu at the top of the page. I'm sure you will find answers to lots of your questions there.

Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register