Feeling really bad - still | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling really bad - still Feeling really bad - still

Unread 10-30-2000, 08:21 PM
Feeling really bad - still

Sorry to vent like this, but I'm so sick and tired of feeling... sick and tired. It's been two weeks of PMSing, pain, constipation, gas and bleeding. Since Saturday, it's been really awful. Today was, again very bad.

I'm such pain, I can barely function. To add to everything else, the air in the new building we moved to at work is terrible, and I feel sleepy within an hour or so of getting to work. Management is aware of the air quality problem and they are investigating it. However, knowing that they know doesn't help in the immediate. It's bad enough trying to concentrate when you're in pain and bleeding, without falling asleep and having problems holding your head up,

Tomorrow is Holloween and I really don't know how I'll be able to go trick or treating with the kids, since I can barely walk. I'm hoping I'll feel better :'(.

I start a new job next week, a job I'm really looking forward to, but, I know, I'm stressed out from dealing with all this AND a new job, too. And I'm crying at the drop of a hat. Somedays, it feels like I'm going crazy. And people are already sick and tired of me talking about this hyst. I can't help it: it's all I can think about.

Anybody else feeling like this, with over 6 weeks left to go?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2000, 08:28 PM

Yes I felt like that exactly at 6 weeks preop. Confused, anxious, tired, stressed out and more.

At 4 weeks preop I have bronchitis, asthma has flared up and a viral infection (so no voice either).

Hang in there, do your research read the posts and take a deep breath. Do something for yourself.

Susan from IN

Unread 10-31-2000, 05:30 AM
I understand

Hey princess,

With 3 weeks to go I was exhausted... bleeding , bloating , gas.. I was falling asleep at work....I was sooooo tired of the bleeding... You just have to hang in there.... I had my surgery on Oct 24th... and you can not believe how good I feel already.. All of those problems went away... The great thing is, if you feel bad before the surgery ... you will get the gift of your life after.. because you forget how great it is to feel good.

Regards
Cynthia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2000, 10:35 AM

Thank you for replying. I feel much better today: bleeding is way down and pain is gone. I still feel bloated and I still have a lot of . But, at least, I can function reasonably well. This great because tonight is Holloween
:evil: and dh and I enjoy very much going trick or treating with the kids

One of the things I've been thinking is exactly what Cynthia mentionned: at least, if I feel bad before the surgery, I will not feel as bad AFTER the surgery. One of my friends IRL said that the hyst pain was much LESS than the endo pain. Great.

Still can't wait to be a punctured

Unread 10-31-2000, 11:07 AM

Dany=
Those couple last periods are a great reinforcement to the fact that hyster is the best thing you could do for yourself!
Just remember in a few more weeks, all this will be over, and in a few short months with a little luck you will forget what your period was really all about.
Find something each day to do for yourself, even if it's just to sit and enjoy a bowl of ice cream, talk on the phone to a friend or a nice bubble bath.
Before you know it the only thing you'll have to worry about is recovery and looking forward to better days ahead!
Unread 10-31-2000, 03:42 PM

I Understand how you feel!
I'm going through the same thing, right now! I was diagnosed with adenomyosis which is a form of endo ony mine enlarges my uterus and it is mushy and yukkie there for it sits on my bladder my bowels and causes pressure. I feel constipated i look 4 months pregnant i always run to the bathroom to pee. Both my sides hurt from what i really don't know. I like you want to go trick or treating with my 3 yr oldrincess: daughter. I'm waiting for my dr to call me back on my hysterectomy date I really hope it is soon. Well hang in there I will too! My thoughts and prayers will be with you.
: happy halloween:

Colette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register