What to do? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-25-2012, 06:21 PM
What to do?

Hi I have lots of fibroids some very large. The pain they cause is sometimes acute. I have been told that I can have a hysterectomy to get rid of them. I am 44 years old, have three grown children and have been sterilised. I don't know if I should go through with it or not I have been given until May 10th to decide. I am looking at all my options to see if this is what is best for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Re: What to do?

Do not feel pressured to decide by may 10. This is a life changing procedure and as long as you don't have cancer, you can choose when your ready. Please keep researching on hystersisters until you feel comfortable enough to make a choice you can live with.
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:46 PM

I was told I needed a hysto in my 30s due to huge fibroids and I waited almost 20 years to decide. I explored all rhe options. Didnt want a myomecromt bc my sister had one, her fibroids came back and she had to have a hysto anyway. Dint want an embolization or anything else that might lead to another surgery, so I opted for a hysto after taking Aygestin and having side effects. In hindsight I wish I had done it sooner. I cold have saved myself the pain, the anemia, eventual blood transfusions, iron infusions and all that I went thru. I am about 8 weeks post-op and I'm so relieved. I wouldn't rush to make the decision because you need to kow that you are comfortable with the decision. I wouldn't take 20 years because you could be free of pads, pain and able to plan a vaca without consulting your calendar or having an extra suitcase for all the period ammunition! Ijs, good luck whatever you decide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2012, 10:42 PM

Only you know Peanut when it's the right time to have your Hysterectomy. I personally believe it would be the right thing to do. It's something really serious. Your 44, have children and having great problems. Fibroids will create many problems. They will continue to grow and cause pain. You could bleed very heavy which will eventually make you become anemic. I could go on and on of future problems you might encounter. Do some research, talk to more Sisters here than make your OWN decision. We are here for you for support and guideness and we all had different experiences . We all had different types of surgical procedures so there is so much to share with you. Good luck and keep us posted with your thoughts and decisions.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register