Gas Pains Worse Than Labor Pains!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gas Pains Worse Than Labor Pains!! Gas Pains Worse Than Labor Pains!!

Unread 04-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Gas Pains Worse Than Labor Pains!!

HELP!! I want to know if anyone out there is suffering from gas pains like I am? My surgery was one week ago today, I have had several bowel movements, but every time I eat something, within hours I am literally buckled over in pain from gas/cramping. Is this normal to be like this...even after I have already been passing gas and having BMs? I am eating the "right" foods (prunes, water, etc..). I just want to be sure this is " normal".

Thanks everybody....
Robin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 02:56 PM

i can assure you its normal. i am 2 years post op and remember it well !!!( even now my "bowels " are still in turmoil!!) at least you've "BEEN" i didnt go for weeks ( i havent a clue where all my food went !!!) just remember everything inside has been jiggled about "a Lot" and probably filled with gas during the surgery ,and it takes a lot of time for things to settle down. Just give it time , its still very early days yet for you,but it will get better i promise (even if you do seem to be spending most of your time on the loo , its the only time in my marriage that i spent longer in the bathroom than hubby LOL) you seem to be eating the right stuff just dont overdo gas producing foods, get rest and a bit of gentle walking and it will ease off.
take care
Unread 04-24-2007, 03:03 PM

I am the same way and I was a week post op yesterday. They are so intense it makes you wonder how it can be normal but I just came from a appt with my doc and he says it is. Have you tried Gas X?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 03:06 PM

Gas X and peppermint tea work well.....lots and lots of water is good too. Here's hoping this passes soon for you.

Wendy
Unread 04-24-2007, 07:29 PM

Yes Summer....Gas X is my savior!! That and I have been using a stool softener too (2xday). Thanks roo for the advice and words of comfort. I will try the peppermint tea too wickedwoman. This site is so great. So good to talk with woman all over the world who have this common "thread". It is very comforting. I wish you all well. You are a great group of ladies. I will talk with you again real soon. Going to go get some rest now. Have a nice evening...
Robin
Unread 04-24-2007, 07:48 PM

Dear Robin,

With any *severe* pain it's a good idea to call the doctor. I'm sure that sometimes gas can cause such pain but just in case it's something else you should run it by your doctor. I remember several years ago a member posted that she had such severe pain (which she attributed to gas) and ended up in the ER with something else. Call your doctor and let us know what s/he says. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 04-25-2007, 07:09 AM

Robin,

I am currently 13 days post op and understand well the meaning of gas pains. Like you, if I eat anything I get terrible gas pains within minutes it seems and they are crippling. I have had them so bad when I thought I would literally pass out and got light headed and clammy from it. My insides are working and moving right along (bad pun sorry) and I am drinking water, eating Gas X like candy and it is not helping. I called my DR and he told me patience and walking. I do walk the neighborhood (3 times yesterday they hurt so bad) but then I get tired and they get worse.

I am going to try the peppermint tea....If I find anything else that seems to help I will let you know.

And I agree this website is a true savior. I would have been scared and clueless without it.

(Still clueless, just not scared)

Best of luck and good healing to all
PD

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register