waiting to go to castle......L O L | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

waiting to go to castle......L O L waiting to go to castle......L O L

Unread 02-10-2005, 03:31 PM
waiting to go to castle......L O L

Hello Hyster sisters..... i am so glad that i found this site.. its given me piece of mind about my choices i have had to make, and i am not the only one out here with the same concerns.

Lets start from the beginning at least what I think was the beginning…. 24 years ago I had my first child and I had just turn 17 at the time. Right after I had her all my friends were using tampons, not the big bulky pads that my mom had me using. Anyway, after the 2nd day of using them I had blood clots, and not just little ones……these were the size of almost the palm of my hand. I went to the doctor and he said it was normal. I stop using the tampons and swore I would never use them again. A few months past it there was really no change in the clots… I could feel them each time I passed one. I went back to the doctor with one in a jar to show him, and was told if things don’t change back to normal soon. Then he would send me for a D & C. In the mean time… I got married… and pregnant again, the doctor told me…that would fix my blood clots for sure…..BOY WAS HE WRONG. I was still getting clots after and just thought it was normal, all cause that’s what the doctor told me. You know ….when your young and naive you will believe just about anything your told…. Now I am a little wiser and I have a NEW doctor.

Now I am 41 and have 4 wonderful children my baby is 15 and the oldest is 24. I have had clots all the time… sometimes they are so big…I have to sit down till I pass them. I found a new Doctor, and I thought that the clots were normal until I seen him about 2 years ago for pains in my lower left side. I went to the doc. Because I would get pains in my side about 1 week before my period and it would stay until about 1 week after it was gone. I was to the point that I kept a log of the pain and would weight it on a scale of 1-10 and when I had my period. When I showed the doc, first he thought it could be that I B S. so I was put onto the pill for 2 months and kept a more detail log…….with pains, periods and even when I had bowel movements. My pain right before I started would be at least a 9 until the week after, then it would go to about a 3, the pain would never really go away. It would just be dull and there all the time. I kept this log for 3 months just to make sure, with NO CHANGE what so ever. He then thought it was a cysts on my ovary so I had an ultra sound tests done for that. It showed nothing, but that I had fibroids.

After that I had a cats-can done to see how big the fibroids were and how many there was. Well that was a shock…. Not only did I have few nice size fibroids, I also had leasions. My family doctor asked me what I wanted to do…. I told him, I don’t plan on having anymore kids….so take out the plumbing. L O L. Well it took me about 3 months to get into the gyno, he did his exam on me, looked at all the paper work from my family doctor. This doctor also told me that I also have not sure of the spelling… but here it goes. (endrmetirces ) and a prolapsed uterus. So now I am booked for a TVH on April 11 2005. My mom was not too happy with me when I told her I having the surgery cause that is what’s best for me, she told me to try to live with it for now. All because all the females in my family had all started their change of like at the age of 41-42 and by the age of 45 they were all done… That’s not for me, she has not lived with the pain like I have had to for the past 2 years, and I don’t like to take Advil all the time for it. I am up to 3 pills every 4 hours, and I just don’t think that’s good to do.

On another note…. I was looking at the pre op visit information. I am trying to find out about any medication they will give me for my Mitrul Valve Prolapsed, in other words.. I have a valve in my heart that leaks blood when it shouldn’t. I have to be on what’s called Pre-Meds just to see the dentist for my cleanings, do we know if they will also be giving me Meds again before this surgery ?

I am so very glad that I found this site, now i have someone to talk to, vent, and even get the best information from. I am so very glad to see that I am NOT alone with some of the symptoms that I have had, and that its NOT all in my head. With out you here….. I think I would of just gone crazy. I have also showed this site to my children and my hubbie, and they have been doing lots of reading on how to help me here.

WOW time sure does fly past when you get on the computer… kids should be home from school soon and I want to get this out to you in hopes to hear something back. Again THANK YOU for just being there for all of us.

Your New Sister
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2005, 12:20 AM

Hi and

Wow, I could have written part of your post! I, too had problems with clots. They are no fun! I also had fibroids and adenomyosis.

I don't have an answer for you as far as the meds for your leaky valve, but you do need to make sure your doctor/surgeon and anesthesiologist are aware of it so it can be taken care of.

You may want to have your husband check out Mr.HysterSisters.

http://www.misterhystersisters.com/

There is a lot of good info there as well! Don't forget to visit Checkpoints. You can access this in the lavendar band across each page.

Best wishes to you and I'm so glad you are here!

s

Deb
Unread 02-11-2005, 07:08 AM

Thanks Deb

My hubbie and kids have been checking into this site, and they all love it. There is very good info here, stuff i would never have the guts to ask the doctors. But sure am glad that i found it, i have even told other friends about this site. So they will be able to have really good info and some new sisters.

Your sister
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2005, 08:11 AM

I have mitral valve prolapse also. My uro/gyn said she wanted a letter of clearance and instructions from my cardiologist prior to the surgery. Don't know if that is always the case.

Make sure you tell your gyn. Then mention it again at the hospital for your pre-op, and again when you show up, and your anesthesiologist.

Good luck with your surgery.

Ashley
Unread 02-11-2005, 09:13 AM

Thanks Ashley
I did tell my OBGYN and i just waiting to get the call for my pre-op visit. anyone know how long before the visist to the castle that we get to do this pre-op. I just want to get it all over with .... today would be nice day to have my surg....

Thanks again
your sister

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register