TAH Dizzy spells still...26 days post-hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dizzy spells still...26 days post-hysterectomy Dizzy spells still...26 days post-hysterectomy

Unread 09-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Dizzy spells still...26 days post-hysterectomy

On 8/20, I had gen'l anesthesia for a Hysteroscopy/D&C, then on 9/3, I had a TAH/BSO. For the first 2 weeks my dizzy spells were terrible. Then week 3, they subsided except for a couple little ones. Now they're back big time. My Gyn (who was on vacation the past 2 weeks) is going to see me Friday. He thinks it may be hormone related.....hmmmm....does anyone have any experience with this? One friend said it could be because I was under gen'l anesth. twice in 2 weeks. Another said it could be due to a bad reaction I had to anesthesia 9/3 and the morphine (throwing up 2 days post-op and crazy motion sickness (anesthesiologist put a patch on my neck to stop motion sickness and it lasted beautifully for 3 days (as expected). Do dizzy spells have anything to do with hormones? I am 54 and was still having my periods (just too much incessant bleeding....Complex Hyperplasia Atypia)....along with fibroids and polyps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Re: Dizzy spells still...26 days post-op

Ugh, I feel for you, dizziness is the worst, I'm glad that you're going to be checked out by your dr. Could you be anemic? I was light headed at times the first days after my surgery, but it didn't last more than the first week. I didn't take any narcotics at all though, ever. I could imagine that it could be either the drugs, or hormones or anemia? I figured that mine was lack of nutrition as I had done a liquid diet for 2 days before my surgery and then didn't eat in the hospital because the food was awful I tried to eat high protein plus vegetables and fruit. Whatever it is, I hope you feel better soon!
Unread 09-29-2014, 09:59 PM
Re: Dizzy spells still...26 days post-op

It may be any number of things. Have you been drinking plenty of water? Dehydration can creep up slowly. Low iron levels is another thought. One thing not often thought of or tested for is low Cortisol which is often accompanied by low Vitamin D levels. My list likely barely scratches the surface. For sure I would speak to my Dr.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register