Found out the cause of my bleeding... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Found out the cause of my bleeding... Found out the cause of my bleeding...

Unread 07-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Found out the cause of my bleeding...

I went to the Dr. today, since I was still bleeding, and it seems that I have a hemmoroid that next to my peritneum (msp?) and I had a hard bm. So, at least I know what the problem is, now time to fix it! I have some supposotories that should help and the Dr. suggested Tucks. I have to start taking fiber supplements, No Soda (I love my Coke Zero)
Plenty of juice and water (that's not a problem)and eat more fiber/greens/oatmeal.

So,that's where I'm at. Hope all is well with everybody!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2006, 05:31 PM

Good to hear that you are doing better. There is a light...but one without Coke's ! I tell you what, drinking water is maddening, but I know that it is much healthier than the Diet Coke's I so love! DH actually whistled "Tap's" when I drank the last Diet Coke in the fridge. ha..ha..ha..

When I went to the store the first time, I stocked up on those babies!!! Now they stare me in the face EVERY TIME I open the fridge, but I am limiting myself to one a day.

Here's to a pain free time from here on out!
Unread 07-21-2006, 08:18 PM

I had my surgery 4 weeks ago and I am still bleeding everytime I have a bowel movement (which are very hard), sometimes even after I pee I have some blood on the tissue. The dr can't figure it out, I have started taking fiber pills which seem to help but the dr is just about ready to open me back up. Dr. says everything looks fine looking in the vagina but I am going crazy because I am tired of bleeding (thru the vagina). I wonder if I could have a hemmoriod? Were your symptoms the same?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2006, 09:37 PM

I just had my 6 week post op and my only complaint (except that I am not back to my sleeping beauty sleep habits and I have lost my once razor sharp memory) was a light discharge that was tinged pink. It was vag rather than rect. This just started a week ago and I really dismissed it thinking a-it was not really blood and b-my dm-i-l became ill beginning week 2 of my recovery and passed away week 4 and all the planning and running about with that made me rationalize that I had just done too much. My doc did my exam and low and behold, a clump of my stitches had sort of dissolved and just decided to hang out in my new cuff. So, she just brushed them out with a swab, but put me on Flagyl saying it had caused an overgrowth of bacteria-who knew? My patient, dh must wait 1 more week-I swear I had overpromised the 6 week check up date!! Have we not all discovered more than we ever thought we would about our bodies, examined more used toilet tissue and struggled with potty issues more than we ever dreamed, or what???
Unread 07-22-2006, 03:32 PM

No Kidding!! I have never examined toilet paper more than lately. Clee, yes - my bleeding seems to be vaginal related, though we do know it is a hemmoroid / rectal tear. I had surgery for it about 6 yrs ago, and all was fine. Now... yeesh.. I have had the hard bm's and pain as well. I think I found a cocktail to remedy the hard bm, and that will let the hemmoroid and tear to heal (my butt Dr. from 6 yrs ago, told me that if I can keep the bm's soft, the meds will let it all heal - but I had a hemmoroid form in the rectal tear, which led to surgery)
Anyhoo, I take 1 colace morning and night; 1 medimucial fiber drink - in orange juice in the morning; 2 citrucel fiber pills at night; and 4 bottle of water - 16.9 oz - mix them with Crystal Light. So far, so good. I had my first soft bm today, so , though not too hard

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register