Now what? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Now what?

My surgery was on Feb 19th. It has almost been 4 weeks. I kept the left ovary. I feel okay now. Well, most of the time. But now my face is breaking out and I feel I have severe pms and water retention. Is this normal? My period would have been due on March 12th. What is going on with my body? Am I just adjusting or is this the way the other ovary kicks in anad takes over? My swelling has gone down about 50%. In the morning I think I look almost back to normal but by night time it looks more swollen again. What can I do? I am walking now but they just tell me that it is not fat, to keep up the walking, and drinking plenty of water and that it will have to flush itself out of the tissues on its own. Overdoing it won't help. It just make me so uncomfortable and I feel even more uncomfortable in my clothes. Will I ever wear my heans again or feel normal again? I thougt keeping my left ovary would make me feel normal. Or does all of this have nothing to do with only having one ovary and more to do with all this trauma?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Now what?

You are still very early in your healing. Your hormone are probably a little bit out of whack & each month things should get better for you. Best wishes.
Unread 03-18-2009, 07:28 AM
Now what?

Hi there! I'm facing very similar issues...had my LAVH on 20 Feb with cervix, uterus and right ovary removed. After about 2 1/2 weeks, I was doing realy well...low pain and little or no discharge or bleeding. Then something happened and I've had the water retention, swelling, a hot flash or two and I've had this constant pain where my left ovary is. On my initial post-op visit, my doctor said it may be the left ovary trying to kick start and may be a cyst forming. Even though the pain continued, I started back to work half days this week...today I am back home and I've called my doctor's office.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Now what?

Let me know what they say when you call. I suppose it could be another cyst forming or it could be the other one trying to do its new job all alone.lol Our bodies are so complicated. I haven't had the consant pain; just every now and then; kind of like ovulation pains. The water retention and bloating has been a nightmare. And last night I thought I was going to melt because I was so hot and apparently it was just me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register