Sudden chills and cough | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sudden chills and cough Sudden chills and cough

Unread 06-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Sudden chills and cough

Todayi went for my 7 day checkup. I have been doing amazingly well considering I was in the OR for 7 hours. I had LAVH stated with the DaVinci. After she cleaned up adhesions and severe endometriosis she decided to close up there and do the rest of the hysterectomy vaginally. I also had a sling placed.
I've had a slight blood tinged discharge and today they gave me Macrobid for a suspected UTI. I took the first dose at 3 and will take a second when I go up to bed.
I had a very full day as we had to go from my appointment straight to the college to get my son registered for his first semester. After that we stopped to get cat food and picked up lunch. Then a stop at CVS to grab my prescription (I sat in the car while hubby ran infor it). So I was our for about 10-3. I know it was too much and napped this afternoon and will veg all day tomorrow.

This evening, out of the blue I got cold and started coughing with a heavy feeling chest and sore ribs (but my nose is completely clear and no sore throat which is how a cold often stars with me). After I while I felt too warm and took off the slippers, blanket and flannel PJ top I had added. I worry that over doing it pushed me to a cold that seems down in my chest. I will take sudafed tonight and call the doc's office tomorrow if I still feel bad. I had absolutely no cold symptoms leading up to this and nobody in my family has one. I wonder if the Macrobid will help that too if it is more insidious than a cold?
Hs anyone else gotten cold symptoms from over exerting?
Maureen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Re: Sudden chills and cough

I experienced the same thing after attempting to do laundry, dust and make dinner on day 8 post-op. Later in the evening I had really bad chills and felt like I was coming down with the flu. I stayed horizontal for 3 days after that; I didn't have a choice! I could hardly move. This is a MAJOR surgery, and the organs surrounding the now empty space are in shock as well. I had to rely on my husband to take care of everything in addition to his paying job, and take care of our son. If you continue to push yourself, it will only prolong recovery. I would take it VERY easy for at least the next 2 days, then remember that you are absolutely entitled to bedrest, naps, favors, other people cooking for you, etc. Give your body time to heal and it will - unfortunately, we can't rush it! Hope this gives you some peace of mind...hugs and be well!
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Re: Sudden chills and cough

I am absolutely milking this with both hubby and two teenage boys. They completely do everything (and did lots before the surgery too - my hubby always does all the cooking and grocery shopping and the boys do all the laundry). I just didn't have a choice to accompany them to the college as this was an event scheduled with many advisors, not an appointment we made and there wasn't time to drop me off in between.
I'm glad to hear others have experienced similar and plan to continue my X Files marathon all weekend.
I actually feel a bit better already - not hot or cold and less pressure in my chest. Perhaps I coughed up all the junk in there.
So, Sudafed, antibiotic and bed is the plan now.

Thanks for chiming in.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register