Surgery in two days | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in two days Surgery in two days

Unread 04-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Surgery in two days

just getting a little nervous about it. I have heard it is normal to feel anxiety and be a bit scared. Want it done but just nervous a bit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Re: Surgery in two days

ninanoo it is completely normal I think we all feel the same but just keep yourself positive and think that very soon everything is going to be better.
Best wishes and good recovery.
Unread 04-27-2010, 11:13 PM

It is sooo normal to be nervous. Staying positive is very important. Also, see if anything in particular is making you nervous and if so address it. Prepare your house for your homecoming (lots of help on this site).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2010, 03:38 AM

I was nervous also but this site really helped me calm down. The ladies here answered so many of my questions and the moral support was the best.

I'm 8 weeks post op and feel like a new women.

Very little post op pain. Recovery has been easy. My foot surgery hurt worst than the total hyst.
Unread 04-28-2010, 05:14 AM

Thanks for giving that comparison, Bev. I had foot surgery 4 years ago and that was by far the most pain I have ever felt. You completely put my mind at ease knowing that if I could handle that surgery, I can certainly handle this one.
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:57 AM

I appreciate all your comments. Ready to get this over. My husband and I own a small business and trying to get ahead of things there as well as home I think is wearing on me a bit. All I can do is what I can do. Thing is I am usually the caretaker so this will be a tough one for me. Still wondering how many nights I will be in the hospital, nothing confirmed. Heard 2 my doc said to plan on one. Guess they play that one by ear as well.
Unread 04-28-2010, 08:12 AM

ninanoo, it's pretty normal to be nervous before any major surgery. I was "lucky" in that we had an all-hands-on-deck emergency at work the day before my surgery, so it was kind of a relief to have something to occupy my mind that day. Otherwise, I tried to channel my nervous energy into things like getting my house spotless, laundry caught up, buying oversized clothing to lounge around in and getting a few day's worth of food stocked up that my husband could handle cooking. Do what you need to do to enable yourself to go into surgery with peace of mind. It really does help.

Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register