4 weeks post hysterectomy: Stir Crazy!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post hysterectomy: Stir Crazy!! 4 weeks post hysterectomy: Stir Crazy!!

Unread 02-06-2016, 10:28 AM
4 weeks post hysterectomy: Stir Crazy!!

Well it's been 4 weeks post op... but feels like 6, I had my uterus, tubes and cervix removed, still a little sore but doing well ((besides a head cold&#128553) I'm a hairstylist and miss my clients but my body isn't quite ready for work yet, plus my hubby wants me to take my full 8 wk recovery time before jumping back into my regular schedule...I'm soooo bored and feel like a couch potatoe..lol what are you ladies doing to help pass the recovery time???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2016, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen1999 View Post
Well it's been 4 weeks post op... but feels like 6, I had my uterus, tubes and cervix removed, still a little sore but doing well ((besides a head cold&#128553) I'm a hairstylist and miss my clients but my body isn't quite ready for work yet, plus my hubby wants me to take my full 8 wk recovery time before jumping back into my regular schedule...I'm soooo bored and feel like a couch potatoe..lol what are you ladies doing to help pass the recovery time???
When I was off I watched movie and played games on computer. But the best thing I found to occupy my time and mind was adult coloring books like the colorama books on tv. Also reading a good book.
Unread 02-07-2016, 12:27 AM
Re: Stir Crazy!!

I'm 2 weeks post op and I'm going crazy to but I play video games and color in my adult coloring books also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2016, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen1999 View Post
22 days and still keeping myself occupied - crosswords, computer games, coloring books, tv catch-up, reading and am also writing about the whole experience. Am finding I need to stand/walk after about 15-20 minutes though as I get uncomfortable sitting for too long...but then find standing/walking uncomfortable after about 10-15 minutes! Still trying to find a happy medium.
Unread 02-07-2016, 06:17 AM
Re: Stir Crazy!!

I knit or crochet and do puzzles besides watching movies or TV series. The whole time I am off is also girl scout cookie season so I have also been making costumes and posters and things for our cookie booths all from my recliner....lol
Unread 02-07-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwethington View Post
I knit or crochet and do puzzles besides watching movies or TV series. The whole time I am off is also girl scout cookie season so I have also been making costumes and posters and things for our cookie booths all from my recliner....lol
Lol that's super cool!
Unread 02-07-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumbelina View Post
22 days and still keeping myself occupied - crosswords, computer games, coloring books, tv catch-up, reading and am also writing about the whole experience. Am finding I need to stand/walk after about 15-20 minutes though as I get uncomfortable sitting for too long...but then find standing/walking uncomfortable after about 10-15 minutes! Still trying to find a happy medium.
I've definitely been moving around to do somethings around the house....I have to explore the coloring books! Hopefully We're going to find that happy medium!
Unread 02-07-2016, 02:31 PM
Re: 4 weeks post hysterectomy: Stir Crazy!!

At 4 weeks post-op, I was out and about. I'm a full time student and was back in school, going out to dinner with my husband, caught a movie with a girlfriend, visited and had lunch with another girlfriend, hung out and played games and worked on puzzles with my in-laws, had friends over for dinner.

My mental health is important, too, and getting out and about was necessary to keep me on an even keel.
Unread 02-07-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyk33 View Post
I'm 2 weeks post op and I'm going crazy to but I play video games and color in my adult coloring books also
Awww...I keep reminding myself that the recovery time is my opportunity to reflect and rest
Unread 02-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Re: 4 weeks post hysterectomy: Stir Crazy!!

I'm also 4 weeks post op. All I can say is remain a couch potato! I'm pretty sure I've over done it this week, I'm feeling more uncomfortable and swollen this week than last. Urg! My doctor told me to listen to my body when it comes to daily life and it's good advice!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register