4 day count down....anxious and frightened | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 day count down....anxious and frightened 4 day count down....anxious and frightened

Unread 07-07-2003, 12:46 PM
4 day count down....anxious and frightened

Hyster Sisters Forums > Hyster Sisters Messages > Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support Message Board

Post Preview:
[size=3][font=arial][color=darkred]I can't remember the last time I've felt this lost. Family is absolutely no support which shouldn't be surprising. Non committal non live in SO (should there be an extra letter there) is flipping out (more than usual) but he's all I have to count on. Trying to prepare the castle. It's so hot here who feels like doing anything, except who else is going to do it. Cutting the grass, cleaning the house, trying to prepare for my annual Cancer Research Fundraiser that is August 17th, trying to get raffle items together, food donations, etc. everything I can do in case I can't by then.....Just trying to keep so busy as not to think about it but geez.....very independent woman in total need of some TLC, someone to lean on, maybe even cry a bit, and sometimes I just want to chicken out......finances are falling apart as this surgery is immediately following a gall bladder surgery 4 weeks ago.

Oooooh....I should just go fishing and get a hotel room to stay in when I come home.

I am so crappy at being dependent on people that when I have to ask for help and they don't respond I'm crushed and angry. To top it off....I started my period this morning......Yippee KiYAA (is this a test...or an actual emergency)

Oh Sisters....what to do.......Mom died after her hysterectomy last year....It plays over and over again in my head......I'm normally so positive and strong......Sorry

Vanessa

:hair:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2003, 01:11 PM

Vanessa,

Sounds as if things feel like they are falling down around you. Hang in there girl. I've heard things are better on the other side of this.
Can't offer you much advice, as I'm not sure what all we face going in to this, other than I've been told I will have a TAH/BSO (is that all??) HA HA. But I can offer you hope in the form of a prayer...we have a Father in Heaven that hears our cries, and he will never leave us. He is always just a cry away. He has gotten me through so much in my life, and I have to trust that He has it all in control.
I pray that he brings people into your life that are good for you and ones that can encourage you through this hard time.
This is an awesome site, and the sisters here care about each other. You will be encouraged and prayed for, as I have by so many of them.
We love you Vanessa, and you are not alone in this.

Settling in His hands,
Debbie
Unread 07-07-2003, 01:13 PM
I know EXACTLY how you are feeling!

Hi Vanessa!

I just wanted you to know that you are not alone with all of this! I am due to have my hysterectomy on July 16th. I am feeling some of the same anxieties that you are! I have been trying to keep my mind occupied but it's almost overwhelming! My blood pressure is climbing, never had that problem before! I have swimming head, shaky hands, nervous tummy, dry mouth, distracted mind, sleepless nights! You name it! I've got it. Oh, did I mention I have a mystery rash on my arm!? Who knows WHAT that is! But it's not going away! Of course, I'm sure you noticed my bb name! LOL It's perfect for me!

And like you mentioned, somehow family seems disconcerned. It's not like this is a root canal or something! Sheesh! Come on people, this is MAJOR surgery! With some MAJOR pain and possible complications and side effects! Not that I am trying to scare anyone that might be reading, because I am not. But I just feel like this deserves a little concern. And you have double anxiety since your mother passed after her surgery! I'm very sorry for your loss. Was it due to a complication of some sort?

I hope that you find peace and a comfortable place to rest and recouperate from your surgery. And just know that you are not alone! There is at least one person here that shares your anxiety! Me!! So nice to meet you and hopefully we'll soon be sharing how wonderful our experiences were!

hugs to you!!

AQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2003, 01:16 PM

(((((((Vanessa)))))))))))))

It sounds like you need some hugs, so here goes hon.

I am sorry you are not getting the support you need.

I am sending my best wishes that you will have a great surgery and recovery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most ladies do just fine , and I bet you will too !!!!!!!

Good luck,

Pamcat
Unread 07-07-2003, 01:18 PM

You know, a thought just occured to me. Maybe family seems disconcerned because they are TRYING NOT to seem concerned. To keep us from thinking that there is reason to BE concerned. LOL Now isn't that a mouth full! But that would be logical in my case for certain! Since, afterall, I AM the anxiety queen!
Unread 07-07-2003, 02:41 PM
What do these abbreviations mean?

I don't understand these. They are not listed in the abbreviations. Hmmmm....TAH/BSO

Thank You all For your Support and Prayers and your insight. It is good not to be alone. Thank You for letting me vent....I just picked the heck out of 15 lbs of chicken......That did help a little.
Unread 07-07-2003, 02:50 PM

TAH = Total Abdominal Hysterectomy
removal of the uterus and cervix

BSO = Bilateral SalpingOopherectomy ( pardon any misspellings)
removal of the both (bi = 2) tubes and ovaries

Hope that helps. Hmmm..chicken sounds good about now! hehehe
Unread 07-07-2003, 03:01 PM

I just had the TAH BSO and Lymphadenectomy 6 days ago. I made myself get support, and I had been pretty isolated before that from a depression.

Look on the Unity Website and get their toll free number to call--call and tell the person everything and s/he will pray with you.

If you have gone to any church in your area, call now and tell the minister you need support right now--a local church that I have only visited has brought me their altar flowers for two weeks now--very sweet.

Call the Chapter of the Amer Cancer Society in your area and find the name of the co-ordinator--call that person and ask if there are people willing to be supportive of you.

Talk to your doctor--if there is not a good caretaker for you at home, maybe you can stay at the hospital longer. I am on day 6 and I think I could just start taking care of myself, if my frige were full of fruit and my freezer full of healthy frozen dinners.

If you don't have a recliner, get one from someone and get a bunch of pillows. I have been sleeping it it and the pillows help to prop me into a position that is pain-free.

Read my post on pain meds on the hyster stories/endo/ando pain forum. I learned a lot.

Anticipating the surgery was more scarey than actually having it. It felt like it was over in one second. Have them knock you out before the operating room--that really cut down on my tension.

Don't worry--go to your hopeful place, put your energy into the llife and recovery you want to have, I realized that it was my choice to either freak myself out or choose trust. I decided tohope for the best and prepare for the worst. It is coming along very well. You'll be okay honey, you have your hyster sisters too now. Love, Alana
Unread 07-07-2003, 03:03 PM

I am sure you are very stressed right now, and I remember what it was like before I went for my TAH but the wait was the worse part. If you need support you came to the right place, the people on these boards are wonderful. I would have never thought that I would find such comfort from a website!!
Know that we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Unread 07-07-2003, 03:13 PM

You are not alone in the Anxiety. I am having my LAVH sometime in september. I can't sleep at night also; I also have a rash that will not go away. know it is caused by the stress of worrying.

I wish that i could shedule my surgery earlier and get it over with; But both my doctors [ gynocologist and urologist] were booked through the summer.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Please let us know how everything went. I know you will be fine. Keep positive for yourself and believe that everything will work out fine.

All the sisters here will keep in touch with you .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register