How are ya'll doing who are 8 months out? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are ya'll doing who are 8 months out? How are ya'll doing who are 8 months out?

Unread 05-10-2006, 07:01 PM
How are ya'll doing who are 8 months out?

Just wondering, as I will be @ my 8th month mark on the 19th of this month-how the rest of you gals are doing in the recovery process.

My worst complaint @ this point is just not having the energy or motivation to really WANT to exercise or do something about the weight I'm gaining.

I am able to work a full 40 hour week plus, get my yard work done, etc-but some days still feel, that I am just not myself yet.

I saw the Dr. last Friday and had alot of lab work done-including hormone levels, thyroid, etc. No results yet-will let you know.

I also still continue to have a sore area to the left of my incison. X-Ray was negative for any foreign bodies, etc.
I also still have alot of swelly belly @ the end of the day.

Just wanted to check my progress with you all.

If you are past 8 months....when did you really feel "normal" again.

Thanks for your input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2006, 07:29 PM

I am right behind you in time. I also went to the Dr. and had lab work done, everything came back normal. He did prescribe Zoloft. I am not depressed, just no energy and not sleeping good. He started talking about Seratonin and Adrenalin. I go back in 2 months. I am the same as what you describe, I go to work no problem, but once I get home - I am done. My incision is sore if I bump it. Otherwise I do not have any problems. I went to my family doctor and he just said that it takes time, up to a year.
Unread 05-10-2006, 07:34 PM

Hi Sweetpea. I'm a month behind you. I've been making some real progress with the HRT. I have to get my levels retested and adjusted this month. My doctor said I have been estrogen dominant for several years and he is trying to get my system adjusted. I dont cry or scream at the drop of a hat anymore and the migraines are gone. Do have swelling in my hands and feet...havent been able to wear my rings for the last two months and my tummy swells in the evening if I've been on my feet a lot during the day. I still get a little sharp pain on the right side of my tummy every once in a while, and I cant do any abdominal excercises yet...it feels like something is going to rip. Finally found some energy and began dieting and working out again. Unfortunately, I have gained quite a bit more weight since the surgery. I'm hoping that getting my hormone levels balanced will help with the weight loss. And.....found my libido..she was missing for quite a while! :bedjump:
I'm slowly finding the real me again....for a while, I was on a real emotional roller coaster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2006, 07:46 PM

Hey Sweet Pea,
Just a week after you - I'm doing well, but did see the doc this week for a "talk appointment" (...so how are the hormones doing...) but when I mentioned a "bit of pain" it ended up discovering granulation and atrophy and then treatment.
I can do most everything again (gardening and no pain!!!) but I'm like you with the energy, some days it just isn't there. I did notice after working in the garden 2 days in a row (and lifting some heavy bags of soil) that my swelly belly is back. Guess I need to ease up on that.
Glad to hear from you on the board...wonder how we will be by the end of the summer???
TAH/BSO
Unread 05-10-2006, 07:57 PM

Thanks to all....it sounds as if I'm right about where I need to be right now and am sooooo thankful that I AM enjoying my yard work again.

Sweet Pea

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register