Head Cold won - surgery postponed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Head Cold won - surgery postponed Head Cold won - surgery postponed

Unread 06-04-2001, 07:36 AM
Head Cold won - surgery postponed

Well - the stupid head cold won - I talked to my doc this morning and we decided to postpone my surgery a week so I can get over this head cold. I'm just happy at this point that I can take cold medicine so I can breathe a little easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2001, 10:20 AM
DallyJo,

I'm sorry that your surgery had to be postponed. You do not want any complications from not going into this as a healthy gal.

Are you on our surgery calendar? Please go to the top of this Pre-Op Forum and I have posted a couple FYI notices about the hystersister surgery calendar. Please go in there and register your surgery date if you like.

Thanks for your help and please feel better soon,
Unread 06-04-2001, 10:44 AM

That is to bad, but sometimes these things cannot be helped.

Take Care of yourself .

Cath
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2001, 11:07 AM

I'm sorry you have to wait even longer for that day.. Put your feet up or take a nice bubble bath.....just take care of yourself.....have a me me me week.
Lisa
Unread 06-04-2001, 11:22 AM

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow night.

Take care and good luck next week.

Susan
Unread 06-04-2001, 01:15 PM

{{{DallyJo}}} I can only imagine how disappointed you must be.

On the bright side, as you say, you can now take medication to relieve the symptoms of your cold. And, you also have a caring Dr. who is not willing to compromise your health.

Take care of yourself and continue to prepare for a safe journey to the castle.

Unread 06-04-2001, 03:54 PM

Thanks for all the good thoughts. Let me just say - I HATE HEAD COLDS! Give me the flu any day - when I get a cold I turn into a little whiny girl. I had to go to work for a little while today for a presentation. I got there and was pretty much sent right back home.

I'm OK with the postponing of my surgery. And you're right Dany - I have a great doc! He lets each of the decisions be a team decision. He said it was pretty much a 50/50 call as to if I had the surgery or not, but that there really was no reason to increase the risk of infection unless we absoltely had to.

I told my boss that I'm babying myself with this cold more than I normally would. Usually, I'm at work, pushing through - which means delaying recovery. This time, I'm taking it easy, napping, working at home - and not pushing myself. I don't want to have to postpone it twice!

Anyway - I'm off to nap again! When I was being sent home from work - I told a co-worker that it's pretty sad that I have to recover before I can recover! I figure this is just practice for the real thing!
Unread 06-05-2001, 01:15 PM
take care of yourself!!

I'm so sorry to hear you have to wait! You just take extra care of yourself and next week will come very fast! I will have you in my thoughts tomorrow!
I am ready!!! Although I wish I could take a nap. I am running to the bathroom every five minutes. So I'll probably sleep most of the day tomorrow I deserve it! LOL So do you so get lots of rest!!! My Mom says hello and wishes you well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register