Frustrated 3 weeks tomorrow since op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Frustrated 3 weeks tomorrow since op Frustrated 3 weeks tomorrow since op

Unread 09-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Re: Frustrated 3 weeks tomorrow since op

Take it easy and listen to yourself, especially for those of us with chronic illness. I'm at three weeks now and I still spend my time in pajamas or oversize yoga pants. I went through a severe bout of cabin fever last week and thought I was ready to take on the world, lift stuff, etc. Luckily i have a partner who's making sure I do *less* not more. I have lupus, so I'm trying to be extra careful and not trigger a major flare. I'm going to be out the full six weeks to try and make sure that doesn't happen. As my doc reminded me, do what your body says it can. BTW, if you have a rheumatologist or knowledgeable PCP, be sure to check in and see if there's anything you can do/take to head off a flare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2013, 05:28 PM

I am 3 weeks post op today and I thought I would feel better by now, too. I am able to wear my normal clothes, but my tummy is so sensitive! Then I thought I should be doing more so I went for a Sunday road trip. Needless to say I was in bed all day on Monday! Now my boss is nagging me to come back to work next week. I think I will be giving my notice when I go back.
Unread 09-25-2013, 05:57 PM

I am 3 weeks post op and I have been having trouble with nausea and feeling drugged in my head. I am wore out and after a long day, swollen and sore. Does anybody else feel this way at 3 weeks?
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcl84 View Post
I am 3 weeks post op and I have been having trouble with nausea and feeling drugged in my head. I am wore out and after a long day, swollen and sore. Does anybody else feel this way at 3 weeks?
Sure do, Sister. I think we have hormones to thank for the nausea and 'swimmy head'. And the fatigue, and soreness/swelling, are all pretty typical at this stage in healing....but can/will be worse if you try to do too much. I know I sure feel it worse, by the end of the day, if I haven't rested enough/or have done too much. Its a slow process of healing for some of us, and frustrating, but we WILL get through it, and be 'conquering the world'... or at least the laundry, in no time.
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:02 PM

I too wear my yoga pants. I had to take my mom to a dr. appt. and wore jeans. As soon as I got home, off the jeans came. They rubbed my incisions also. Can't wait to this area is healed
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:08 PM

I wore jean once and won't again til I heal. It rubs my incisions to much. Good luck
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:46 PM

Three weeks is rough!! Don't look long term take it a day at the time!! After I made the 4 week mark I really seemed to turn the corner! Now almost six weeks post op I feel like a different person!! Hang in there rest as often as you can and don't push yourself to much! You only get one chance to do this right, so give yourself a little extra tlc!! Best of luck to you!!
Unread 09-27-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stir crazy View Post
You only get one chance to do this right, so give yourself a little extra tlc!!
This is what I a banking on. I have spent the last 4 weeks being frustrated, and feeling a bit guilty, over my progress, as do many others. I am to the point where it's 1- step-forward, and 2 -steps -back... but I can deal. To rush anything would only be detrimental. in one way or another. I think many of us get into the rut of overdoing it, and then paying the price. Healing just takes time, pure and simple.

I have been trying to do something 'nice' for myself, such as take a nice long shower and deep condition my hair(sometimes I even put a chair in there with me), or file my nails, just anything that makes me feel better, if not for just a little while. Planning, and making lists of what I want to do as I get to feeling better, are a big source of comfort and a healthy 'distraction' for me. Resting can be boring, for me, so this helps keep my mind on something positive.

Taking care of ourselves can do nothing but AIDE in the healing process.
Happy healing to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register