Scheduled TVH May 17th TVH....nervous !!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

May 17th TVH....nervous !!! May 17th TVH....nervous !!!

Unread 05-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Re: May 17th TVH....nervous !!!

Wishing all of you the very best with your upcoming procedures! Believe that you are going to get through this all and be on to a healthy, happy life in the blink of any eye! I am 5 days out from my LSH procedure and I am feeling far better than I did in the first few days of each period, let me tell ya!

Take care and keep thinking all the happy thoughts and banish the rest from your minds!

Life can begin again, yay for all of us!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2010, 09:39 AM

ttstark,

Good luck with your surgery...all will be fine. I had mine on 4/26 and did great. Had to keep my catheter in for 1 week, and still tired, but, only needed pain meds for 5 days. Sounds like from all the other post-opers that in a couple months this will be a faded memory! Hang in there!

TVH 4/26
prolapse
Unread 05-16-2010, 10:24 AM

ttstark,
I can understand how you feel... my reservation is Tuesday, 5/18. I am starting to get more excited as the date is approaching! I was feeling overwhelmed and had so many little things to do... I have gotten most of the major things done, so I feel more relaxed and just taking the next few days to enjoy being with my family and hubby.
Keep us posted.. see you on the other side soon and very soon!
JeniC
Unread 05-16-2010, 10:59 AM

So glad you are visiting here pre-op. I didn't get connected until post-op and it has meant a lot. My TVH (prolapse) plus rectocele was May 11. I was very nervous beforehand, first time surgery, and didn't know what to expect. It was easier once we started actually walking through the process.

Nurses, doctor and techs were great. Things I focused on remembering:
1. Rest
2. Every day is another day toward healing
3. There is no prize for healing first
4. Process the emotions as they come
5. Listen to your body
6. Listen to your doctor
7. Do what you need to do now, including rest, so you don't have to do this again

My doctor had to do some repair work where scar tissue had failed, probably having to do with my overdoing things after my second child was born. Glad he found it and fixed it, but also a good reminder to rest and take it easy as much as I can.

Praying for peace and healing as you walk this road. Glad you're being transparent about the emotions, I think it helps. There is life on the other side!

Love,
Alohamai (Debbie)

TVH + rectocele 5/11
Prolapse
Unread 05-16-2010, 11:10 AM

I am going in tomorrow myself. Having a LAVH. What time is your surgery scheduled for? Mine isn't until the afternoon Would have done it earlier in the morning, but we have 4 kids to get off to school.

I am a little nervous and scared myself, but at the same time excited. Excited because this is supossed to make me better, I have been suffering for 3 years with my issues! Nervous and scared.....because I have been dealing with my problems so long, I am afraid it's not going to work.

Well, I wish you and the other sisters for tomorrows surgery the best of luck!
Unread 05-16-2010, 11:22 AM

Hi being nervous is perfectly Normal! I was writting a will the week of my op lol i know it is silly but i was told that i'd have local anastecic but instead they gave me the spinal and i was affaird i'd die going under. Anyways depending on which anastetic your having like me if u have a spinal then you will not be able to walk for awhile but after the freeezing wears out i say walk as soon as you can because the more you walk the more you can convince the dr to get the packing out and get rid of the cathider! The worst pain was having the packing still in but when it came out the pain wasn't as bad but still very noticeable but not as bad. I would suggest asking for somthing more then just morphine tablets as they dont really work nor dose tylinal or advil i got morphine injections and they seemed to help. The pain feels like you know when your constapaited badly? the back achs and such? well it feels like that kinda pain not like period pain as they say. for the first few weeks you will feel some pain but week two will be alot less. Good luck!!!
Unread 05-16-2010, 11:37 AM

Hello,

I wish you the best and hope that your surgery is a success. I am having a LAVH vaginal hysterctomy on June 18th. I am very nervous and scared. The sisters here have helped give me the courage I need to do this surgery. I have been in pain for 25 years and it is getting worse. My husand and son are behind me and want me to be out of pain as well. I want my life back so I can have quality time and do things with my family. That is how I am getting through this mentally! It is the best decision for me but again I am scared of what is on the other side, how will I feel. Most everyone I talked with say they feel so much better and no more pain.

Good luck and keep the sisters posted on your recovery.

Unread 05-16-2010, 11:46 AM

I had a TVH just 9 days ago, and I can tell you I was SO terrified and nervous the days before going into the hospital. Posting on this site helped a lot, especially the encouraging responses from the ladies who were facing the same ordeal, and those who had already been through it.

Believe me, I was so nervous while being prepped for the OR I was literally shaking, but I was quickly given a dose of something lovely through my IV and I became SO calm. I had no fear whatsoever once in the OR, just was looking around at the pretty lights and joking with the nurses that they really knew how to fix a great drink, lol.

Then I just got more relaxed and sleepier and it seemed like the next moment they were waking me up, telling me it was over. It was so much easier than I had anticipated! The pain was not bad once I got my meds going, and overall I have been surprised how easy everything has been.

I'm only just over a week past surgery, and no longer having any real post op pain from the incision (nothing OTC meds can't help if it gets bothersome). Having a VH is a blessing, believe me. I even avoided doing it for several months because I was so anxious about it, and opted for an easier procedure (ablation), which my doctor advised against. So I finally just bit the bullet and did it. Wow, if I'd only known it was not going to be that bad, I would have had it done it months ago.

Of course we're all different, but I think in general, many women seem to feel it's something that is so worth it to begin feeling better, and far easier than they anticipated.

Good luck with your surgery! You will do fine.
Unread 05-16-2010, 04:02 PM

Thanks girls...it helps so much being able to vent and have someone actually understand what your feeling.

Thundercats: Im scheduled for 10:30, im in CA so it sounds like we will both be under about the same time. You sound like me afraid and kinda excited at the same time. I have had the same reservations....im afraid I wont feel better either, but everyone says its so worth it. A good friend of mine said it was like she was in heaven, she felt so much better almost instantly.

JeniC: Hopefully we are able to post an update to help calm your nerves as you get ready to go in the next day....if not I will definately be thinkin of ya and will see ya in postop.

To all my other sisters:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register