First missed period... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First missed period... First missed period...

Unread 06-10-2007, 12:06 AM
First missed period...

Two months post op. and I was putting away some bathroom tissue today and noticed that there were only a couple of tampons in the cupboard. With 3 teen girls in the house that is not a good thing. I had to tell them to remember to add them to the list as I really don't look in that cupboard anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2007, 06:29 PM
First missed period...

I kept my ovaries, and haven't noticed any period 'symptoms' -- but I agree with arly3 that my ovaries might just be a little loopy. I had 4 monts of Lupron before the TAH, so the doc said it will be a few months to 'normalize' from the hormone soup...

:snort:
Unread 06-11-2007, 06:41 PM
First missed period...

Hi Arly3, My doctor told me if I kept my overy )even one of them) I would have the same amount of PMS and cravings, etc that I would if I had a period. The only thing she told me for sure would end PMS along with the pain and severe bleeding is removing ovaries. I had a TAH with removal of ovaries and tubes. I started on HRT patch. I haven't had mood swings or hot flashes yet. I have a follow dr appt in the am, so we will see how things go. I just wanted you to know what my doc told me because I had PMS so very bad. Have a good evening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2007, 06:58 PM
First missed period...

I'm 8 wks. post op and being i was never regular, who knows how many periods I would have had in the last 8 wks. i do know this...twice now i have craved chocolate as before. I think it's a phsycological {splg?} thing.

Free at last, free at last! No more periods so I'm free at last!!!
Unread 06-11-2007, 07:00 PM
First missed period...

I kept my ovaries, and I don't think the PMS is as bad. Maybe just me believing that, but hey, whatever works. As long as I am not the wicked witch it is all good. A little chocolate craving is nothing but good!
Unread 06-11-2007, 10:07 PM
First missed period...

I too have officially missed a period! Yea! NO PAIN!!! I can't believe the difference already. I have no regrets. I still got emotional, grouchy, impatient around PMS time, but I can handle that part.
My 8 year old son actually asked me "What exactly is your problem Mom, are you grouchy or just tired?" (That is when I knew for sure that I still will get PMS.)
I actually have a pair of white pants that I have never worn. I think I will wear them this week! How exciting.
My husband is excited about the no period thing too. Now I just have to get past the 6 week checkup! :bedjump:

Unread 06-11-2007, 10:51 PM
First missed period...

me too, no period. i'm so happy!
Unread 06-13-2007, 08:46 PM
First missed period...

I kept my ovaries and definitely felt it when I was ovulating - just as before - and am PMS right now (buy me some chocolate ! NOW!)... But that is apparently to be expected. It's ok - I can live with that if it means not going into menopause immediately...
Can't wait to miss Aunt Flo on Monday!! WOOHOO!
And bought my first pair of white pants in many many years today!
Unread 06-13-2007, 10:40 PM
First missed period...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavhmay2007
my cycle start date is tomorrow and i'm happy i'll have no bleeding.
however, did want to ask you girls who kept your ovaries...are you having pretty much all the symptoms of your period except the bleeding and fibroid pain?
i'm having cravings, bloating and irritability. well, ok, so i've been crabby and bloated since surgery, but the cravings have just come on yesterday and i'm thinking it's the monthly cycle stuff.
doc said mood swings and cravings would not be impacted by hysterectomy. DARN!

Its funny...I had my surgery the same day as you and I have felt great! My first cognizant thought upon waking from anesthesia was that horrible pain wasn't inside me anymore! My attitude has been very positive and upbeat...I have been so happy because I felt so good!

Fast forward to day 8 post op....I open my eyes first thing that morning and my first thought is basically one of homicidal lunacy! I can just feel all these feelings of anger building inside me! I get up and just kind of "growl" at everyone in the house and decide that its best I keep to myself. DH started to tell me about some story in the news and I completely blew up! Decide now thats its time to go back to bed. DH walked down and tucked me back in, he was being so nice and I was just evil I sleep for 3 hours, wake up and I'm still feeling evil, but it does seem to be a bit more managable now. That afternoon a friend of ours drops by and I'm telling her how "evil" I was feeling and said I just don't get it! I've been so happy! She says...when were you due to start next period??? Hmmmm....light bulbs start flashing here!! I grab my calendar and start counting and sure enough...I was PMS'ing big time! It should have started that following Mon/Tues! I really felt silly...lol I have always been so in tune to whats going with my body that I really felt stupid that I didn't pick up on it myself. I guess with all of the preperations getting ready for surgery and then the surgery and starting to recovery...I have a pretty good excuse

I think Mother Nature wanted to have one last little "dig" at me too....Up to the 10th day post op...I've had no bleeding. Had a very light pinkish discharge occasionally when I wipe. Day 10 hits and I am awaken to the sensation of "starting my period" in my sleep....I get up and look and its just a heavier discharge. Ok, no problem. BUT it gets heavier all week long!! Then Friday hits and I start to bleed! Freaked me out enough that I did call the Dr. They assured me I was OK and that I really only needed to be really worried if I start soaking a pad per hour. By Fri night it stopped and then it started again on Sat. morning was stopped by that afternoon and it hasn't happened since. Had appt. with Dr. on 6/12 and he said everything was healing great and it was just stitches disolving.

Just thought it was a bit ironic that the week I SHOULD have had my period I actually did end up bleeding! The best part of it was that it didn't even hurt a little Yeah, I got mega cranky, but it was sooooo pain free!!! WOOOHOOOOO Life is GREAT!!
Unread 06-13-2007, 11:38 PM
First missed period...

You guys are making me excited. I may have to buy a pair of white pants - first in twenty years - tomorrrow!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register