is this normal thinking - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

is this normal thinking is this normal thinking

Unread 02-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Re: is this normal thinking

I'm there too. I have NO desire to ever be pregnant again and before this all happend my husband and I had decided that if we added to our family it would be through adoption. But, last week I saw a tiny baby and oh boy! I've had baby fever ever since and and now mourning the loss of my fertility. I keep thinking that maybe I could have just 1 more baby before calling it quits... I know it's not logical and not something I'd be feeling if the surgery wasn't happening, but the emotions still feel real and are still something I have get through. I think it's more about the choice being taken from me. Before, I could change my mind at any point and have a baby, but now I will no longer be able to make that choice. That's hard to deal with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2013, 07:42 PM

I am feeling sad about having this surgery too. I am 47 and never had kids and ok with that. I look at more as a loss of something that defined me as a woman and that I am now getting older. I definitely needed the surgery and do not regret it. It was either that or have cancer in the very near future so I chose the surgery. Eventually this shall pass, it is just too soon yet. Best Wishes!!
Unread 02-16-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tniko79 View Post
I went to my appt yesterday and i feel better about my surgery but i still emotional. I teared up last night because i heard a baby cry and then during the night i started having anxiety, second thoughts and i was actually thinking what if my husband left me, i would never be able to give someone else children. Seriously what is wrong with me!? My husband isn't going any where and we both don't want anymore kids. Our family is complete. Anyone elses brain overthinking
Wow... I am feeling the same exact way right now. My surgery is the 22nd and each day it is getting closer I am getting more emotional. I am not nervous at all about the surgery. I am sad to be losing the possiblity of concieving another child. We have 2 boys (3 yrs and 6 months) and when I was preg with my second son we had decided then we were done. Then all my issues started after my second son was born. I am really struggling with this and I am glad to know this normal and there are other women struggling with these same thoughts. Hang in there we will be okay with this some day. Good Luck to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2013, 07:33 AM

I am 49, well past "baby making" age. When my husband had a vasectomy a number of years ago, I mourned the loss of "our" fertility, so much so that I thought about having him get it reversed. I got over it. Now, the same feelings again. I certainly don't want any more kids, I am old enough to be someone's gramma, and my kids are 21 and 18, so...but still, I feel the loss, and I haven't even had my surgery yet. I am very ready to be done with monthly periods, at 49, I am still having them regularly. Everyone tells me mourning our uteruses (or is it uterii plural lol) is normal. This too shall pass.
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:39 AM

Aww thanks Curvaliscious!! I wlll be thinking of you as well and sending healing thoughts your way!!!! xo
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:09 AM
is this normal thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJS1983 View Post
Wow... I am feeling the same exact way right now. My surgery is the 22nd and each day it is getting closer I am getting more emotional. I am not nervous at all about the surgery. I am sad to be losing the possiblity of concieving another child. We have 2 boys (3 yrs and 6 months) and when I was preg with my second son we had decided then we were done. Then all my issues started after my second son was born. I am really struggling with this and I am glad to know this normal and there are other women struggling with these same thoughts. Hang in there we will be okay with this some day. Good Luck to you
Good luck to you too! Yes it will be ok. I am not scared about.going under either just never having the choice. i hope you have support system too. I couldn't be doing this if it wasn't for my husband being so strong for both of us
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:17 AM
is this normal thinking

Thanks ladies!! Only 3 days left for me. My husband took me out Saturday night and that helped.
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:11 PM

My op is for the 5th of march. I have had 7 pregnancies with 5 births, age range 24 years to 14 months. I am nearing my 44th birthday. My last baby was delivered via csection, i begged them to give me a hyst then, but they said no, all they could do was to tie my tubes. The weird thing is at the time I grieved that I would be unable to have any more children. I knew/ know I definately didnt want no more. Silly thing now is as I count the days till my op I am starting to feel depressed that I will never have the chance for another child. Crazy thing is I cant anyway as I have had a tubal. How silly am I??
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:41 PM

I was having problems with anger. My hubby was very patient, surprising because he's generally not one for that. I finally decided that the uterus was keeping me from having the active life I used to have and as such it no longer held any value to me. Now I am not angry any longer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register