LAVH Discharge 8 weeks post hysterectomy (stitches healed, vaginal tissue healing) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Discharge 8 weeks post hysterectomy (stitches healed, vaginal tissue healing) Discharge 8 weeks post hysterectomy (stitches healed, vaginal tissue healing)

Unread 09-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Discharge 8 weeks post hysterectomy (stitches healed, vaginal tissue healing)

Hello!

My story is long, but I'll try to keep it brief up to the point I am at. I was having 2 week periods, every 4 weeks. Last December, I had a scope, D&C, ablation and tubal ligation. After, I had continuous 'leaking/discharge'. After many biopsies and tests, my then doctor seemed perplexed, but decided I should have a hysterectomy. I did get a second opinion, which after MORE tests, was the same. Because I was very unhappy with my first doctors bedside manner, I went with the second doctor (also at a major University Hospital) and had it done on July 14th. Before the hyst, she said my vagina was in horrible shape due to the continuous discharge. It was almost like a postnasal drip. From the uterus and down, and was causing inflammation, tightening, painful sex, etc. She said it would go back to normal after. I am now 8 weeks post op and, you guessed it, still having discharge. Yellow, brown, and sometimes tinges of pink or clear. She told me at my 6 week post op appointment that my stitches were healed, and looked good. There was some tissue in the vagina that was still healing. But I was released, given the ok to return to work and sex. As far as the discharge, she said I might have it when I would have had my period and to track it to see if I find a pattern happening. (I only have my ovaries. And Good God...still?? For two weeks, every 4 weeks?) Well, I'm finding that there is no rhyme or reason. I understand the vagina is still healing, but shouldn't it be getting less, at least? I'm so frustrated...I have been wearing a pad/liner since LAST NOVEMBER!! I'm giving it until next week and am calling again. All my life, I have been told by several doctors that I am 'unique'...I just wanna be boring! LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Re: Discharge 8 weeks post op (stitches healed, vaginal tissue healing)

Oh huni, it's not nice to have undergone this surgery to still be suffering but if it's any consolation, I'm now 9weeks and 2 days post op, still have my ovaries but everything else has gone and have started to lose discharge too, more pinky colour than anything but it caused panic as its coupled with pain and a call to my Dr who says its normal, and to think of the cuff as being like a scab that's healing - bits have got to start falling off during the healing process it can take time but apparently that's what I'm losing, maybe the same for you, I do hope that's the case. I'd monitor it and if your not happy or concerned arrange an appointment to be seen if only for piece of mind.
Unread 09-09-2016, 09:09 PM

Oh sweetie-I hear you!

I am at ten weeks today and still having a light discharge-I keep worrying it is urine leakage. I had a bladder sling installed six years ago and never had a problem since-the best surgery ever. So I was afraid that something may have went wrong with my hysterectomy to cause, but my Dr at my three weeks post op reassured me he didn't go near that and that its just discharge not urine which could last a long time. He also told me no swimming, sex or strenuous exercise until I see him at the 12th week and he clears it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2016, 09:43 PM

Thanks for responding, Ladies!

Placey, that's interesting! I have been cleared for swimming, sex and even work (which includes lifting small children). I'm so glad for you that it's not your bladder sling! Our thoughts really get the best of us, sometimes!

Tinkerbell2016, did you just start at 9 weeks? Or has it been continuous? Mine has been since the day of my surgery.

Today, I woke up 'dry' and had clear, watery discharge all day. By evening, I had a yellow smear, and now back to brown again. I'll even take clear, watery over a color...seems like I would be on my way to dry then...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register