6 weeks app. and still not released | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks app. and still not released 6 weeks app. and still not released

Unread 05-01-2005, 07:26 AM
6 weeks app. and still not released

i had my 6 week appointment and he told me to come back in 3 weeks and still to do nothing. gees this is sure a depressing time. and now i am getting hot flashes....what is happeneing? i feel fine most of the time....and back to work but that makes me really tird. the doctor said still no lifting but i could drive and work at an offive but not sub and schools cause i would be on my feet to much. he aslos said something about my internal stitches mnot disolving....shouldnt they be..has anyone else had this problem 6 weeks out, i have people telling me that they may have to open me back up and take them out......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2005, 10:06 AM

Hi
I know from my own experience how disappointing it can be when you expect to be released at that much awaited 6 week check-up, but aren't. We all heal at our own pace. My sutures at the vaginal cuff started dissolving around my 2-3 week mark, so I was surprised to learn I wasn’t healed and had some granulation. I also had trouble with some deeper sutures that don’t dissolve.

I wouldn't worry too much about needing to be "opened up" to remove any sutures. They should take care of themselves when they are ready. There are times when a doc may snip and remove a suture or two that doesn't want to let go, but that shouldn't require opening you back up.

Your hot flashes may be from your ovaries being disrupted because of this surgery. It's actually pretty common. Here's an article about it : Ovaries Shut Down?

I hope your hot flashes are tolerable and resolve soon. Hang in there, dear.

Best wishes & s,
Beth
Unread 05-01-2005, 10:16 AM

Hi,

The same exact thing happened to me, it's not all that uncommon. The doctor said I had alot done during surgery, and that I'm a slow healer!!! So, like you I had a few more weeks added to my recovery. Remember though...even in a few more weeks you won't be up to par. There will be times when you're really tired and you may still feel tenderness, soreness and zippy little pains.

Even after 4 1/2 months of healing... I had granulation...kind of late, but I had all the symtoms so I followed through with the treatment. These are minor things.

Like Beth says, please don't worry about being"opened up", your body will take care of those stitches. Don't listen to people with scary stories!!! You're as normal as I am

Hang in there
Maralyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2005, 10:49 AM

I'm in the same boat. Just had my 6 wk appt., & the dr told me my cuff wasn't quite healed, but close. I'm going back to work tomorrow (desk job), but she told me to wait another week before resuming normal activities like exercising, and 2 weeks before my DH & I can be intimate. But she didn't want to see me again - just told me "see you in a year!"

So don't worry, everything should be ok eventually! - Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register