4 weeks post hysterectomy- have tingling and numbness in arms when I wake | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post hysterectomy- have tingling and numbness in arms when I wake 4 weeks post hysterectomy- have tingling and numbness in arms when I wake

Unread 07-02-2017, 10:57 AM
4 weeks post hysterectomy- have tingling and numbness in arms when I wake

I'm 4 weeks post, had back soreness before surgery and more so after surgery. I wake with tingling and numbness in my arms and hands. Is my back out? Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2017, 05:44 AM
Re: 4 weeks post hysterectomy- have tingling and numbness in arms when I wake

I noticed during my early weeks that my back would get achy easily. It's a fairly common complaint after surgery. I attributed it to my back working overtime to compensate for weak, sore abs or carrying swelly belly. Reclining helped, and I'd usually stuff a heating pad to the achy areas as I reclined. I also used tennis balls and a small foam roller while reclining. When I could easily get down on the floor again, I'd lay on the floor on the tennis balls or roller to stretch my back.

The tingling in the extremities could be a hormone imbalance - it's listed as one of the many symptoms of menopause. Though you kept your ovaries, they're sluggish after surgery due to the compromised blood supply or just the trauma of surgery. That may give you some of those menopause-like symptoms (hot flashes, insomnia, crawly skin, mood swings, brain fog). Still, bring it to your next doctor's appointment for discussion, as it can be a sign of something going on with your thyroid, a vitamin deficiency or something else. If he thinks it's unusual, he can order tests.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register