Tomorrow is the day! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow is the day! Tomorrow is the day!

Unread 12-16-2003, 10:07 AM
Tomorrow is the day!

Hello Hyster Sisters!

Well the time is almost here, December 17th at 7 am. I am nervous and a litte scared. Worried about the recovery mostly. I have a dh who is nice but little help around the house. He feels I can do anything and I have. Hiked At and got my motorcycle license last year (47 years old). I have no other family here in Florida. What I have read, is that I am to do absolutely nothing for 2 weeks for a speedier recovery. Is this correct?
Thanks for any input.

Sincerely,

Holly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2003, 10:21 AM
Tomorrow is the day!

Good luck tomorow - I hope is goes as great as mine did. Yes - take it easy & get lots of rest. Your best friend might be your pillow as it is a big help if you pull it towards your tummy when getting in and out of the car to get home.
Today is my first check up (TAH BSO op was 6 weeks this Friday) - I hope you do as well as I did - it was no big deal for me, I was very fortunate and had no complications or problems.
Unread 12-16-2003, 10:28 AM
Tomorrow is the day!

Hi Holly,

I am 5 days post op now and actually feeling better than I thought I would. It sounds like you are in really good physical shape and that will truly be in your favor during the recovery period. If your legs are strong, it will make things like getting out of bed so much easier. My incision is about 71/2 inches long bikini cut, and I'm taking a couple of percocet each day and using ibuprofen every 6 hrs and pain is very slight. I use a heating pad over my belly and on my back and that helps so much. I've walked around a lot. (helps with gas etc) yet tire easily. Just listen to your body. It will tell you what you should or should not do. TAKE IT VERY EASY !!! Have hubby help you. You'll do great !!

Good luck and best wishes to you for tomorrow

Lisa

SAH 12/11/03 (fibroids and adenomy)osis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2003, 10:42 AM
Tomorrow is the day!

Jill and Lisa thank you for the words of encouragement!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register