6-week check | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-03-2006, 03:42 PM
6-week check

What does the doc all do at the 6-week check? I have mine tomorrow and get myself worked up into such a frenzy. I have to say the 3-week wasn't as bad as I had feared it would be. (I had a TVH with A&P repair and a bladder sling.) Any insight would be really appreciated. Also, for those on stool softeners, how long did you take them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2006, 04:05 PM
6 week check-up

hey kitkat- I just had my 6 week check-up last week and it was easier than i thought. My DR just did a basic pelvic exam, checked out my incision and we went over my list of questions--she was glad that i brought them in. We also discussed HRT and she gave me samples to try out--Vivelle dot .025,Climara .0375, and Vivelle .05. She said i had a "happy" cervix and everything looked great and cleared me for all activities except for really heavy lifting and reminded me that I would still get tired for awhile. I felt like i was floating on air after having all my concerns answered I hope you have a great check-up!
Unread 05-03-2006, 04:15 PM
6-week check

Thanks Jules! Is reassuring to hear of your experience. Will need to put together my list of questions tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2006, 08:12 PM
6-week check

HI ladies,
I had my 6 week check today. Kitkat, we had surgery the same day. The dr did an internal exam, using a speculum mostly. Then he checked the vaginal incisions (from the bladder repair) and the rectocele repair (in the perineum). I have had some red bleeding a couple times from doing too much, the dr said it was from a site in the vaginal wall that is healing slower than the rest. (the stitches there are more permanent to provide more support).

I got the ok to vacuum (just not carry it upstairs), the ok to have sex (just with lots of lubrication and to stop and take it slow if it hurts). I forgot to tell him I am having trouble sleeping and I forgot to ask about exercise. I am calling back tomorrow.

Good luck at the appt! Hugs Raymo
Unread 05-04-2006, 04:30 PM
6-week check

Thanks for your reply Raymo. I just got back from my 6-week exam. Seemed to go really well, but I was a little surprised. She didn't use a speculum at all, didn't check my ovaries, just the "two-finger" check. Asked me lots of questions, listened to every answer and concern, and said to come back in a year for a pelvic exam and mammogram. Sutures are still in place and can be for up to 3 months, so got the clearance for sex , but still no running or weight lifting for 6 more weeks. Also said to be sure and continue the fiber, water and stool softeners so there is absolutely no constipation or straining. I really wanted the okay to go running and lift weights again, but I want to heal well even more. So walking is fine with me for now. And maybe some lunges and squats. (Now instead of "I don't feel like running today" and feeling guilty about it, there's no guilt because I "can't." Is such a liberating feeling to be missing my second period right now--and all the debilitating pain that came with it--and 1/2 way on my journey to running again.
Unread 05-05-2006, 12:19 PM
6-week check

Sounds like a good appt. I am hoping to start exercising again next week. I have been doing Weight watchers for weight loss since January and am down 20 lbs. But I think it will really come off when I can add exercise to the mix. I have been walking a little but need to bump it up a notch.

Have a great weekend! My hubby came in from a business trip late last night so tonight is our "date" night. LOL Hugs Raymo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register