What is WRONG with me....aaahhhhh | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is WRONG with me....aaahhhhh What is WRONG with me....aaahhhhh

Unread 03-06-2007, 12:13 AM
What is WRONG with me....aaahhhhh

Okay ladies.....from a purely intellectual standpoint I get all this. But from an emotional one, I am going bonkers. How long does it take for the ovaries to "jump start" again once the surgery is done? Is there any way to kick the crap out of them and get them to work????? Physically I am doing really well. My only real concern is that my incision site is hard as a rock. Unfortunately, it is also so numb I can't tell if it hurts or not. I see the doc on Thursday and will see what she thinks. Emotionally however.....good grief. I CRIED watching VH1 presents some band I have never heard of because one of them broke their finger and still had to play....then the next minute I am stalking my poor DH because all of a sudden his sideburns look sexy to me....and then I want to kill him because he didn't put the forks the right way in the dishwasher. I'm mature enough to keep my mouth shut- but DANG....what is WRONG with me?????????????????????

Crazy Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2007, 01:58 AM

Hi Jean,

Quite simply your hormones seem to be bouncing all over the place and your ovaries are still enjoying a rest. Hormones after this surgery can be rather wicked to us in many different ways as you are finding out. I wish there was a way you could kick start them that easily but I'm sorry to say you'll just have to have patience. Perhaps a chat with your doctor will help.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that your perfectly normal so you can relax as the man in the white coat won't be stopping by anytime soon.

Take care........Karen
Unread 03-06-2007, 04:53 AM

I wish I knew. I will be 9 weeks post op on Thursday and last week, I had to start HRT. I am only hoping that it is temporary and the ovaries will kick in. I will say that I feel WONDERFUL after starting the HRT. I am amazed at how much of the brain fog is gone and I can actually remember things. The night sweats are gone and I am more emotional stable. My husband tells me that I am much nicer to be around. Anyway, I hope that your "kick" in and remember that they still have a job to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2007, 09:27 AM

Hi Jean,

Wow - do I ever remember those post-op days when I'd start crying at the drop of a hat, or yell at my sweetie, and just simply felt a little tiny bit out of control. I'm really glad you'll be seeing your doc so soon. Please mention all of these symptoms. Sometimes they'll have a good solution for you to even things out until your ovary kicks into gear again. I went on a very low dose of an estrogen patch - and felt sweet relief within a week. Your doc will know what options are best for you.

Will you let us know what you find out on Thursday? In the meantime, we're here for you.
Unread 03-06-2007, 09:46 AM

I know how you feel. I'm fine all day, then as soon as I lay down for the night the WATER WORKS start. I'll lay there crying on & off till about 2 or 3am. What's wrong w/me???? Is it my hormones or lack of? Is it heartache & disappointment???
I CAN'T WAIT for the ALL CLEAR from my doctor.
Your incision numbness & hardness will get better over time.
Hang in there.
Unread 03-06-2007, 10:13 AM

I've been reading the replies to this thread, and I now know I'm not losing it.... Both of my ovaries are intact, but not functioning properly.....dead of winter here, -25 to -30 at night and here's me with the ceiling fan on.....bf is about to shoot me. Anyways, I was told that it's being caused by the cut off of blood to the ovaries during surgery, and that the uterus supplies some as well, so it'll take some time to "kick start them"
I was told told that our hormones are out of whack for a while, but I hate the fact of crying at nothing, or wanting to scream at the bf.....I just stay in my corner, and I think he's finally realizing that it's completly me talking......I think he figures I'm losing it.....About your incision, I can't help, as mine is internal.....I would love to hear what your doc says though, as I don't see mine untill the 3rd Best of luck, and remember it's just the hormones, and we are not losing it.....
Unread 03-06-2007, 12:38 PM

The men with the white coats showed up this morning. I let them read your posts and they left saying I was normal despite my multiple personalities. They did tell me they'd come back in a few weeks if they had any more complaints (I think the dogs ratted me out). So....will have to chat with the doctor.

In the meantime....any other gals out there turned on by Dr. Green from the ER re-runs.....LOL.

Or....does putting the toilet paper on the roll the wrong way make you want to shoot someone????

In the hormone zone (and apparently in good company, thank you ladies)

Jean
Unread 03-06-2007, 01:07 PM

Oh yes, Dr. Green is definitely a cutie, you have enough hormones to realize that! I hope you will be feeling better soon. As far as I could tell, my ovaries kept right on working after my surgery, but we are all different, and yours will most likely wake up soon.
Unread 03-06-2007, 01:31 PM

Jean,
At least you still got your sense of humor. I love it. Keep it up, I'm smiling through all my self-pity today.
Also with ovaries gone mad.
Tara
Unread 03-06-2007, 01:35 PM

In my case, they removed the ovaries and I can't take HRT so I don't know if/when this will end. I break down everytime I see the commercial with the dogs in the pound. My TAh was 2/27 and I have cried hysterically just about everyday. (pun intended).
Everytime I walk into the living room everyone stops and looks at me like they are trying to decide if they should run and hide! I'm just hoping it calms down but the time I go back to work!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register