Need a hug | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Need a hug

I need a hug from someone who has been there! I'm 8 weeks post op and am discouraged by the fact that I don't feel better than what I do. My doctor says everything is fine and that things are still healing and I just need to listen to my body. I am slowly getting back to life and am working part time. I come home in the afternoon tired and sore. I think I'm feeling better and then I do too much and take two steps back. I have always hated being sick, so not feeling well for so long hasn't been fun (although I tell myself I've lived with the pain from adenomyosis for a long time). I still cry a lot, but am trying to remind myself that my body has been through a lot this winter, from two surgeries and stress, and I just need to be nice to myself.
Thanks for listening/reading my rambling!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Re: Need a hug

KareB big huuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggsssssssssssss

it does get better... i still felt like crap at 7-8 weeks...now i am ....i believe 12 1/2 weeks? and i feel sooo much better.....

i can have sex without it hurting... i have more energy..though if i have a hectic day you still might find me going to bed by now.....

no more periods!

more yoga!

life is good

hugs,
jamesgirl
Unread 06-03-2009, 06:41 PM

:cybhug: This surgery is not a jump and go surgery....and I know all of the comments were made to me before surgery, like you will be a new women or it's nothing....it's just not true..This is a very rough surgery and it takes a lot of time to heal and adjust to what you have been through. You have the physical and emotional side to deal with.....but I can say, You will get better. You are going to be okay...no matter how you had this surgery performed, a hyst is still a hyst.

Be kind to yourself and give yourself time...and we are all here for you!!!!!

Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2009, 06:58 PM

I agree. This is a lot harder than we think it will be. Healing sometimes takes a lot of time. You will grow so much from this, emotionally and spiritually.

Hang in there (and vent all you want to!!) ;-)
Unread 06-03-2009, 08:51 PM

Hi KareB, I remember my two month mark, going back to work and wondering how to make it all work with not feeling so well yet. My gynecologist told me to expect a big improvement at three months, and he was right. You will probably see a difference each week coming up and try to note your small strides - they all add up. Don't get discouraged and know there are lots of us on this message board to help cheer you on.

Three months and one week post TAH with mid-line incision
Unread 06-03-2009, 09:21 PM

Hey KareB!!! I;m not as far out post op a you are yet but I am still sending a really BIIIIIIIGGGGG HUUUUUUUUGGGGGG to you. I agree with the above posts...vent here all you want...I am having trouble balancing my day b/t rest and activity (I'm 2 wks post op) Just hang in there and I know things will get better! Don't be so hard on yourself! YOU CAN DO THIS....
Unread 06-04-2009, 12:40 PM

I'm not where you are KareB, but can sympathize just the same!! BIG hugs to you and will pray you feel better soon!!
{{{{{{{{KareB}}}}}}}}
Unread 06-04-2009, 05:53 PM

KareB -

Keep moving forward one step at a time and you'll get there. In initial recovery my first turning point was 3 months. Now 6.5 out I am feeling much better.

One day at a time.

Big hug!!!
Unread 06-04-2009, 06:40 PM

Big Hug to you!!! I'm with you...I'm 6 wks post-op, and want to feel normal!! I have always been active and I get frustrated cause I thought I would be healed much quicker...I am understanding now that I have to listen to my body and not overdo it. I went shopping yesterday (for the 1st time since surgery) and feel really sore today!! I was back to work in 3 weeks (sitting at a desk) and have gradually done some walking, following the post-op check points pretty good...But I have to remind myself that my body needs time to rejuvinate!! I know once I'm healed, I am going to feel great...I already feel better (internally) than before my hysterectomy... AGAIN, HUGS TO YOU!!
Unread 06-04-2009, 06:55 PM

KareB
I also went through 2 surgerys since 3-6-09.. I had an LSH on 3-6-09 and a Trachelectomy on 5-13-09... really close together .. the trache was due to complications to the LSH.... So I feel what you are going through....Please know that I will be thinking about you and lifting you up.... It's going to be okay... God is going to give you strength just when you think you can't do anything else.... He is an Awesome God!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register