To My Fellow Princesses - A Message Of Positivity | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

To My Fellow Princesses - A Message Of Positivity To My Fellow Princesses - A Message Of Positivity

Unread 04-09-2014, 01:08 PM
To My Fellow Princesses - A Message Of Positivity

Hi to all my fellow princesses in waiting.
I wanted to post this message to uplift all the other ladies out there, who are awaiting their surgery and need something positive to comfort them while they wait.

I'm awaiting my hysterectomy aswell. While I've been preparing I have spoken to many women who healed and recovered almost painlessly and with minimum distress, and do you know what they all had in common? Their positive MINDSET
Time, after time, they each individually told me about how they had mentally and emotionally prepared for this surgery by keeping a positive outlook and being positive about their surgery and how much it will benefit and enrich their lives. They informed me to steer totally clear of any "scare" stories, as it will only serve to worry and upset me.
Personally, I've always believed that what we concentrate and fixate on, are what we actually draw into our lives. Thoughts become things! So if we focus on negativity, we just may draw it into our lives.

The ladies I've spoken to all confirm this, as they all kept a positive mindset before/after this major surgery, and all believe this aided in them recovering FASTER and with MINIMUM pain.
You have to truly KNOW that this surgery WILL go well and that you WILL be better for having it. I KNOW I will be better after my surgery and am looking forward to having my life back

We ALL deserve to be well and to live pain-free lives and any procedure that will help with, or enable this, can only be a positive thing.
Remember that thoughts become things, so you have to ensure that you are thinking positively about this surgery because you only want to attract good things into your life, and you only want good things to come from this surgery.
So please try to remember: You are a decent, good person who is deserving of a pain-free, healthy life as much as anybody else, and this surgery will allow you to have the life you deserve by ridding you of that which has caused your suffering.
We DESERVE to be happy, and to be HEALTHY and we WILL be. Truly believe this, and never let ANYONE tell you any differently!

Lastly, I believe there is a very simple reason why there sometimes seem to be an influx of not so positive threads on here...
Think about it this way, once you have this operation and are feeling really good again, the last thing you'll be doing is coming on here again, right? And why is that?...
Because you'll be too BUSY living your new, incredible, healthy life! That's what happens with other women once their surgery is over and they're healthy again - they never come back here ! So THAT'S why you don't hear from them on here again!

I've personally spoken via email with ladies who used to post on here, who completely stopped posting once their surgery was completed, and they mostly told me it was because they'd been too busy enjoying their lives again! Some had almost forgot they'd ever been a member on here because they were now so far removed from their old, pain-riddled lives! After speaking with some of these women it really made me realise what I, and everyone else embarking on this procedure, have to look forward to and it was so touching to see how much better these ladies were. So much better that some of them struggled to remember what it even was like before!

I know that day is near for myself, as it is for all of you as well,
and I look forward to enjoying my new healthy life, as will all of you too.
There is always a rainbow at the end of the storm.

I hope someone draws comfort from these words,
let's keep this thread supportive and positive please.
Thanks for reading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2014, 02:51 PM
Re: To My Fellow Princesses - A Message Of Positivity

What you say may be true for many, but not all. I had a very positive outlook going into my surgery and no negative thoughts at all. I knew everything would be fine. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough. At three weeks post op I developed a blood clot in my leg and was readmitted to the hospital for eight days. Instead of going back to work at 6 weeks post op, it was 6 months before I was able to return to work.

You are right that most women do well and don't bother coming to Hystersisters for support. Those who post here after their surgery usually need further support or, even though they had no complications, stick around to help the new members who are facing a possible hysterectomy.

I wish you well with your upcoming surgery. Positive thoughts can't hurt but unfortunately, they don't always help.
Unread 04-10-2014, 05:39 AM

Hello ladies. I had my hysterectomy 2 years ago. I had the DaVinchi robotic assisted hysterectomy leaving my ovaries intact. I read posts here on HysterSisters non stop and appreciated all the input from fellow Princesses- what I didn't like were the scary horror stories. Now I know some people have bad stories and unfortunately they are the folks that post more than those of us that had an amazing experience that are out loving our pain free period free lives I tried to temper the scary things I read with the really positive things and tried to prepare for the worst but had the expectation of the best I had my surgery on a Thursday and I was out shopping within a few days. I took care of myself and followed my doctors orders regarding physical activity, sexual activity as well as using lots of tips from fellow princesses (prune juice became my friend) I haven't posted in a very long time because I have literally been too busy loving life and for that I apologize to all the Princesses in waiting who need to know that this experience has been for many of us the BEST thing we have ever done for ourselves. I am by no means belittling the lovely ladies that have had struggles but want to send loving positive thoughts to the Princesses in Waiting -- you can do this- stay positive- stay calm and SMILE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2014, 05:44 AM

Love the encouraging words, thank you all 💗💗
Unread 04-10-2014, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmulberry View Post
Think about it this way, once you have this operation and are feeling really good again, the last thing you'll be doing is coming on here again, right? And why is that?...
Because you'll be too BUSY living your new, incredible, healthy life! That's what happens with other women once their surgery is over and they're healthy again - they never come back here ! So THAT'S why you don't hear from them on here again!

Fortunately, I'm very pleased to say this isn't true of all members!

We have many countless numbers of ladies who stay on the site for months or years after their surgeries, helping other sisters on their journeys. This is what keeps our amazing circle of support strong!

My hysterectomy was successful, with no complications. And I'm still here - 9 years later!

Unread 04-10-2014, 06:05 AM

Thanks pooodle for staying around for us starting our journey
Unread 04-10-2014, 08:03 AM

Hi missmulberry! I mostly agree with you. I work in healthcare and am a firm believer that mind set has a great influence on recovery. Happy, positive people usually heal better. A positive state of mind going into this surgery is very important, but does not prevent complications. Prepare for the worst but expect the best. Wishing all princesses in waiting positive thoughts and speey recoveries!
Unread 04-10-2014, 08:16 AM

Hello missmulberry,

I agree with you because I had a wonderful experience after my Hysterectomy. I feel a lot better and are looking forward to a life of no more pelvic worries.

Lisa
Unread 04-10-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulaw2 View Post
Hello ladies. I had my hysterectomy 2 years ago. I had the DaVinchi robotic assisted hysterectomy leaving my ovaries intact. I read posts here on HysterSisters non stop and appreciated all the input from fellow Princesses- what I didn't like were the scary horror stories. Now I know some people have bad stories and unfortunately they are the folks that post more than those of us that had an amazing experience that are out loving our pain free period free lives I tried to temper the scary things I read with the really positive things and tried to prepare for the worst but had the expectation of the best I had my surgery on a Thursday and I was out shopping within a few days. I took care of myself and followed my doctors orders regarding physical activity, sexual activity as well as using lots of tips from fellow princesses (prune juice became my friend) I haven't posted in a very long time because I have literally been too busy loving life and for that I apologize to all the Princesses in waiting who need to know that this experience has been for many of us the BEST thing we have ever done for ourselves. I am by no means belittling the lovely ladies that have had struggles but want to send loving positive thoughts to the Princesses in Waiting -- you can do this- stay positive- stay calm and SMILE
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I hope your positive words give others comfort as well. So glad to hear how well you are now doing
Unread 04-10-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalflame30 View Post
Hello missmulberry,

I agree with you because I had a wonderful experience after my Hysterectomy. I feel a lot better and are looking forward to a life of no more pelvic worries.

Lisa
Hi Lisa, thank you for sharing your positive experience. It's really nice to hear that you are now a lot better as you move into your new pain-free life
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register