returning to work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

returning to work returning to work

Unread 05-05-2008, 06:06 AM
returning to work

I had a TVH with abdominal and rectal repairs done on
April 23. Aside from feeling a little tired I feel fine. I was wondering if any of you could share your experiences of when you returned to work and if it was part time or back to full time and how you felt. I am a teacher and the end of the year is fast approaching and would really like to return for a little while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2008, 02:47 PM
returning to work

breezy52

I'm so glad your recovery is going well! Hopefully some of your post-op ((sisters)) will be along soon to share their experiences.

If you can, please take as much time off as possible ~ you only get this one chance to heal properly and I'm sure you'll not want to undo any of the good progress you've made so far! Make sure your doctor says it's ok, too.

Sending all good wishes!

Unread 05-16-2008, 05:28 PM
returning to work

Breezy-I didn't go back to work until 8 weeks post op. I went back full time and wish I had started back the 1st couple of weeks part time. I am an x-ray tech and spend most of the day on my feet. My employers were understanding (and still are) about my lifting limitations, but I still get very tired by the end of the day. You are the best judge of how you feel. You must remember though you need to heal properly and have only one shot at it. Talk to your doctor and see what he thinks. You have the final say. Glad to hear you are doing well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2008, 05:46 PM
returning to work

Oh, I would suggest whatever time period it is you do to go back to work, go for only part of the day. When I went back to work, for two weeks I could do only 3 or 4 days of half days. I was beat each day. That was going back to work at 7 weeks post-op.
Unread 05-16-2008, 05:58 PM
returning to work

Breezy52,
I am a Parapro with special needs early Childhood 3-5 year olds and had surgery April 22nd. I to am worried about going back. I see my Dr on Tuesday to see if I go back first scheduled on Wednesday. The hemotologist I saw today thought it may not be a good idea as I am on the floor a lot and do lift the children. I am still having pain and am very tired. I would also like to see what the others say.
Good luck to you.
Unread 05-16-2008, 06:00 PM
returning to work

I been back to work for a week , (7 weeks post op )it was not bad i had a partial hysterectomy (abdominal) uterus removed only! today i am really tired and i am a little achy it could be because it is raining . other then that i feel ok . I think my body just have to get use to the new time frame .
Unread 05-16-2008, 06:17 PM
returning to work

Brezzy, I work in an elemetary cafeteria. I planned my TVH so I would not go back until the new school year. I will be starting my 6th weeks on Monday and there is no way I would feel like going back now.

Being a teacher you are on your feet alot and maybe depending on grade level bending and lifting things. You should at least take the full 8wks IMHO.

As for part timing it I do not think teachers have that as an option do you???
Unread 05-18-2008, 02:07 PM
returning to work

Thanks for all of your comments. FOr better or worse, I am returning to work part time this week. I really feel well and strong enough to do it. I will be able to come home if I need to and have the support of my fellow employees, so we'll see. I just have two and a half weeks to go before I am off for the summer. I will keep you posted on how I do, hope you do too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register