No Pre-op - Is this normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No Pre-op - Is this normal? No Pre-op - Is this normal?

Unread 06-10-2004, 08:04 PM
No Pre-op - Is this normal?

I received the dreaded phone call today. My surgery has been booked for July 8th. I asked for the date of my Pre-Op, I was told that I don't have one. I'm to arrive at the Hospital 2 hours prior to surgery time. I have to go the doctor's office prior to July 8th to sign papers. I'm confused - I thought every patient needed to have Pre-Op before a surgery for at least some type of blood work. Is this situation normal??

I am so nervous that I'm thinking about not showing up at the Hospital on the 8th. . . maybe I'll go to Disney World.

Buster'stracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2004, 08:11 PM

The hospital will probably call you to confirm all the pre-surgery instructions and to get you pre-registered. My doctor never did a pre-op with me but the hospital did. The hospital pre-op consisted of blood tests but that was it. I had no bowel prep, no xrays, and no ekg's. Every hospital and doctor is different. If in doubt you might be able to call the hospital and ask them.

Colleen
5-25-04
LAVH- Kept an ovary!
Unread 06-10-2004, 09:08 PM

Naw, don't go to Disney World! If ya do, when you get back you still have to ride the feminie hygiene product freight train.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2004, 03:27 AM

The only pre op I had was going along to the hospital the week prior to surgery to see my anaesthetist. She took my blood pressure, weighed me, discussed post op pain control, allergies to any meds etc. and that was that. Never had any blood work done. Piece of cake!!!

Don't panic....you'll be just fine.

Unread 06-11-2004, 04:40 AM

I know firsthand that sometimes the Doctors office and the Hospital arent always on the same page. I had been told by my Dr. that my surgery date was July 9th. Then two days ago the hospital called and wanted to confirm some things with me like the spelling of my name and such.. The girl then told me that I was to have a Vaginal Hysterectomy on the 29th. I told her, dont you mean the 9th? Nope.... the 29th.. I said of July? Nope... JUNE...WOW I wasnt really ready for the bump up....
Unread 06-11-2004, 05:26 AM

Thank you!

I feel better now

Disney World can wait for November!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register