2 questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-13-2004, 08:17 PM
2 questions

am i gonna be able to have soda while in the castle???? i am a pepsi-a-holic. i drink that 24/7!! my other question would be do all doctors, if they are asked, do tummy tucks?? is this something i should question my doctor about when i go in for pre-op visit on the 23rd?? i would like to get rid of some of the baby flad i have left and hubby keeps suggesting sit ups but i have scoliosis and it hurts my back to do them. i just hope he will do the tuck so i can look really good for my hubby when i come home!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2004, 08:23 PM
My gyn laughed!

I asked my doc about the tummy tucks and she just laughed at me. Why don't I throw in a breast lift while I'm at it was her remark? With a laugh. So I said why not? with a laugh of course> She said that plastic surgeons do tummy tucks and breast, that's not her expertise. So I guess I'll work on saving up for that sugery a little later in life. lol! good luck though!
Unread 04-13-2004, 08:45 PM
2 questions

I too am a pepsi-a-holic and came home from the castle today, they did not have pepsi but had a generic caffine free cola that fulfilled my craving!! and if your alowed a regular diet after surgery and pepsi is all that fukfills your craving, have your husband go to the vending machine for you! we had a wendys in my hospital, i sent DH for a frostee last night!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2004, 08:50 PM
2 questions

i am stashing bottles away now as we speak. i will bring my own soda with me so that i know i have some. i dont care if its warm, i will still drink it.
Unread 04-13-2004, 09:41 PM
2 questions

Just ask for a cup of ice!
Unread 04-14-2004, 02:14 AM
2 questions

I am a diet coke fanatic, if you see me, you see my bottle or can. Had to laugh at the question cause I told my doc that I would absolutely die if i couldnt have my diet coke...Well when I came to the nurse brought me my diet coke and laughed and said doc said make sure that i never run out while i am there......
Unread 04-14-2004, 02:16 AM
2 questions

also, nurses lounge is usually stocked with all types of sodas, juices, jello, and popsicles(which is another thing they never let me do without) and nurses usually let you help yourself if you are up and able to walk around without iv, etc
Unread 04-14-2004, 05:46 AM
2 questions

Quote:
Originally posted by truckerswife
i will bring my own soda with me so that i know i have some.
Don't take any food or drink to the hospital with you unless you have a direct ok from your DR. Even then you will have to inform your caregivers in the hospital. In the immediate 24 hours post op they are measuring how much is going in and how much is coming out. Drinking something they haven't logged will throw their records out of whack and can lead them to think there is a problem with your bladder or kidneys.

And sometimes you're on a clear liquid diet for the first 24 hours - stuff like black coffee, water, jello, certain types of juice, strained broth - but colas aren't considered a clear liquid.

I am also a pepsi holic, and I didn't feel like drinking any for a couple of weeks, then it was only one a day for a while.

Best wishes.
Unread 04-14-2004, 06:07 AM
2 questions

since I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2002, I rarely go anywhere without my diet soda, but Dr. warned me gas is very uncomfortable and soda will aggravate! She told me drink lots of water, that flavored water if I can't take it, but go easy on carbonation for a while, you could pay for it later!

S.
Unread 04-14-2004, 06:20 AM
2 questions

I wanted to drink soda, but I was worried about GAS.
The only painful memory I have was horrible gas pains...hurt like crazy until I could pass it... and I didn't even have any carbonated drinks...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register