TAH Abdominal tone | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominal tone Abdominal tone

Unread 02-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Abdominal tone

Anyone else notice a define change in the general shape and tone of their abdomen following their hyst, besides of course the swelly belly and weight gain? My abdomen seems to be wanting to buckle a bit, like a new fold. I'm not sure if this is weight gain or just the way I was sewn back up... 10# doesn't really seem like enough to create a roll. When I asked my doc, he suggested it was totally due to weight gain. What are your opinions Sisters?

And of course, it is low, maybe 3" above my pubic bone so I don't think sit ups are going to help me there. (I have been medically cleared to do situps) Any exercise suggestions on targeting that spot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Re: Abdominal tone

firstly honey sit up wont help the belly, they help the inner muscles under the tummy fat,, you need cardio to help,, I have always had a belly being a yo yo dieter and 2 children but I have noticed I have more of a hang now since the op but I am lucky since my op and without trying have lost about 8lb now in 5 weeks, ok 2 lb was probably the uterus, but swimming will help as will faster walking with tummy fat, oh Belly daning is good too I did it for about a year then with all the tiredness stopped again, but that really helps the pelvic area
Unread 02-11-2011, 12:42 PM

What kind of belldancing Deb? Like a video at home or a class? That's a great idea, and fun I bet! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2011, 03:04 PM

Belly dancing is good cardio and abdominal workout and alot of fun. Before my hyst, I did belly dancing everyday, now that I'm 4wk post-op I am starting to do the gentler moves and forgo the vigorous moves for now. I got videos, there are no classes offered where I live. I got my videos online, best one I liked is the Goddess Workout by Dolphina it comes in a 3 pack so you are never bored and you don't need any equiptment.
Unread 02-11-2011, 04:14 PM

Hey Dance, is she the girl on YouTube?
Unread 02-11-2011, 04:28 PM

After my first c section my trainer told me I would never be flat stomached again. And I tried everything but the belly dancing. So i'm going to order those belly dancing videos and when I get better I'll try them. But the belly has gotten bigger due to my second c section.
Unread 02-13-2011, 12:52 PM

:
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Woman View Post
Hey Dance, is she the girl on YouTube?
She probably is, I never looked for her, after all everyone is on YouTube
Unread 02-13-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Woman View Post
Anyone else notice a define change in the general shape and tone of their abdomen following their hyst, besides of course the swelly belly and weight gain? My abdomen seems to be wanting to buckle a bit, like a new fold. I'm not sure if this is weight gain or just the way I was sewn back up... 10# doesn't really seem like enough to create a roll. When I asked my doc, he suggested it was totally due to weight gain. What are your opinions Sisters?

And of course, it is low, maybe 3" above my pubic bone so I don't think sit ups are going to help me there. (I have been medically cleared to do situps) Any exercise suggestions on targeting that spot?
What type of scar do you have? Bikini or midline? I had a midline scar from a ruptured appendix about 16 years ago. When I had my TAH last November the doctor followed this line and took it down a bit further. The lump is probably the shifting of belly fat, the sewing, scar tissue, and internal healing. I can still feel the swelling that is around the scar and my surgery was in November. Yours was in December so I think it may need a little more time to heal.
Unread 02-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Abdominal tone

My scar is indeed midline. It is like the right side is lumpier than the left. Thank you sooo much for posting and validating me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kklaurel1123 View Post
What type of scar do you have? Bikini or midline? I had a midline scar from a ruptured appendix about 16 years ago. When I had my TAH last November the doctor followed this line and took it down a bit further. The lump is probably the shifting of belly fat, the sewing, scar tissue, and internal healing. I can still feel the swelling that is around the scar and my surgery was in November. Yours was in December so I think it may need a little more time to heal.
Unread 02-13-2011, 04:24 PM

I used to go to classes i am from uk and there everywhere really

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register