aytpia cells? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

aytpia cells? aytpia cells?

Unread 04-24-2016, 09:05 AM
aytpia cells?

Good morning!

I wanted input from you lovely ladies! I had a ablation/d&C/ biopsy completed on 04/20/16 and the path shows the following:

Multiple fragments of secretory endometrium and without hyperplasia, atypia, nor invasive malignancy.

Scattered fragments of endocervix, ectocervix, myometrium with atypia.

I'm concerned with the scattered fragments with atypia. I haven't spoke to my Dr. yet but he signed off on the path report as benign. I do want to have those atypia cells dealt with correct????

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2016, 12:20 PM
Re: aytpia cells?

Of course I'd bring my concerns to the doctor, which I am sure you are planning on doing, however aytpia, doesn't always mean cancerous. It can be a sign of inflammation or infection and sometimes can be a normal sign of aging. Try not to worry too much. Tell your doc your concerns and if you want it treated more aggressively than he/she is willing, a second opinion might be warranted! I wish you well !
Unread 04-24-2016, 09:34 PM
Re: aytpia cells?

(((Melissa))) It sounds like the endometrium was clear which is very good news. But, it does sound like there were some abnormalities attributed to the cervix. As ShanaM1981 pointed out, not all are created equal, with some being due to perfectly benign causes. I'd definitely address this with your doctor for clarification as he might have more precise information as to the nature of these findings. And, as always, if you aren't comfortable with things, etc., by all means don't hesitate to get another opinion. Remember, we are our own best advocates!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register