Scheduled dVH/RALH one week to go and getting nervouse now | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

one week to go and getting nervouse now one week to go and getting nervouse now

Unread 10-30-2011, 01:32 PM
one week to go and getting nervouse now

I have been scheduled for some time now. I am scheduled for Nov 7th. I am so exhausted. It is a challenge to do the simpliest of things let alone my regular job and the volunteer job I love.

This week I started having leg pain. Had an MRI and found that I have a lumbar problem and that my fibroids are pressing on my sciatic nerve.

I am starting to feel nervous. I hadn't really been until now. I have made light of the pending eviction of aunt flow. I kinda feel like I am waiting to say good bye to someone. That deep heartache when you have to let go....I feel emotional.

Maybe I am just overtired and feel emotional because of the exhaustion.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Re: one week to go and getting nervouse now

It is totally normal to feel a little nervous and anxious before having the surgery. And I know that as it got closer that then it felt like it was real. I really got nervous but I did fine. I found that by being busy that it helped some. I love to read so after work I would read a lot. Don't worry I think we have all had those mixed emotions
Unread 10-30-2011, 06:20 PM

Your feelings are completely normal. You are waiting to say goodbye to someone, someone that's been a part of you all your life. It's normal to grieve and feel a little sad, even if you want the surgery. There is also the fear of the unknown, we don't know how the surgery will go and what recovery will be like. Just keep busy, busy and the time will pass and you'll be on your way to recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2011, 08:11 PM

The other sisters are right - feeling a mix of emotions, feeling anxious, feeling nervous, feeling sad, is very normal. I agree with sugarandspice, you are loosing something that has made is presence known to you on a regular basis for decades. That is hard thing to let go.

As the surgery has been scheduled for some time, and now it is about a week away, I can see where it is now becoming real. And this would cause a flood of emotions. The women on this site understand what you are going through. We are here for you and will help you through this.

(((Hugs))) to you...
Unread 10-30-2011, 11:41 PM

We share the same surgery date! Mine was just scheduled the first of this month, but it feels like it was scheduled forever ago. The emotions you are going through are the same that I have been feeling, and I know they are driving me nuts too. Doesn't help that Aunt Flo has decided to visit as well now. I am so ready for this to be over, and I don't know if it is the surgery I am stressing over or just knowing that I have so much I want to get done before the surgery. Good luck to you!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register