Scheduled SAH Hysterectomy, LSO, and Abdominoplasty on 4/14/14 - Recovery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy, LSO, and Abdominoplasty on 4/14/14 - Recovery? Hysterectomy, LSO, and Abdominoplasty on 4/14/14 - Recovery?

Unread 04-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Hysterectomy, LSO, and Abdominoplasty on 4/14/14 - Recovery?

Having a SAO with removal of my left ovary/tube (right one already removed in January) on 4/14/14. I decided to have a full tummy tuck at the same time. I am not overly frightened about the hysterectomy surgery or the abdominoplasty, but losing my final ovary has me terrified. Will they start HRT in the hospital before I get to go home? Has anyone had the combo hysterectomy/abdominoplasty and how was the recovery? My oldest two children are graduating 3-1/2 weeks after my surgery and I will have to sit in bleachers for three hours for the ceremony, so I am a little freaked out about that....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Re: Hysterectomy, LSO, and Abdominoplasty on 4/14/14 - Recovery?

Hi dabutler -

First off to your two children on graduating!

I did not had the combo surgery, but my impression is that attending the ceremony that soon after your surgery may be too ambitious.

For my surgery, TAH BSO, I had just returned to work by then, and could only handle part time work at a moderate stress desk job. There would have been no way I could have handled sitting in bleachers for that long, or been in a mood to attend a ceremony.

Is there any way you can reschedule the surgery so you can really enjoy the ceremony with your family?

Regarding HRT, it really depends on your age and your doctor. Sometimes they star you right off and sometimes they wait.

Unread 04-09-2014, 10:00 AM

I was afraid I was too optimistic. Surgery can't be moved, but I have talked to the school and can sit in a special section with full seats instead of bleachers. My kids are B's, so I guess I can leave if I need to before it's over. My daughter is valedictorian, so no way I can skip graduation. Somehow, I will make it through. I am 44 and still ovulating monthly so I know the hormone drop will be excruciating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2014, 07:15 PM

Yes, that sounds like a plan to escape after the B's. A special section with a back type chair will help. And I assume your daughter will speak at the beginning of the ceremony.

Talk to your doctor about HRT and when they plan on starting you. I was just a couple years older than you, and for me surgical menopause was MISERABLE! It is like being pushed off a cliff. The good news is that your body has some estrogen stores it can use for a brief time, but some ladies start having hot flashes in recovery. It really just depends.

Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register