4 Wheeler Dr strikes again.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 Wheeler Dr strikes again.... 4 Wheeler Dr strikes again....

Unread 06-11-2009, 08:13 PM
4 Wheeler Dr strikes again....

Alright ladies...he struck again!!! My Dr rescheduled me AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Originally I had a surgery date of May 26. As some of you may remember, I got all the way down there (bowel prep and all), was in a gown on a bed, with them drawing blood and found out my Dr had a 4 wheeler accident. My surgery was then rescheduled for June 16. Well.....got a phone call yesterday and it's now been rescheduled for June 22!!! Apparently my Dr REALLY messed his hand up and had to have a bone reconstruction type of surgery. YIKES They have no idea when he will be back in practice though. Thank the Lord, one of his partners was more than willing to take on my case and do my surgery if I would wait another week.

I'm telling you, no one was kidding when they said the waiting was the hardest part!! When I initially found out I completely freaked out and balled my eyes out. This whole process has just been a rough experience. I have no doubt that I need to have this done. It's just hard when so much keeps happening and it seems like my day just can't come...

Sorry this is so long and I'm rambling, I just wanted to share with you ladies. All I can say is, I am completely in love with Ben & Jerry's and I'm verifiying that the new Dr, whom I'll meet on Monday, doesn't like to ride ATV's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Re: 4 Wheeler Dr strikes again....

Hang in there . . . I know it's been hard, but it will work out. Actually, my first surgery date was scheduled for May 15th, and I cancelled because I made the date in haste. My second surgery date was scheduled for June 12, which is tomorrow, but my doctor cancelled. She was going out of town and she didn't like to do surgery, and leave her patients with her associate, so I could appreciate that. She let me know enough in advance, so that I could reschedule it for June 19th, and get my FMLA paperwork updated as well.

So, just hang in there . . . it will be OK.
Unread 06-12-2009, 02:33 AM

OH Adrielynn!! NOT AGAIN!!!! this has to be so upsetting to you! have you tried Edy's chocolate chip cookie dough yet? It is really good too!!! On a more serious note, Do try to keep busy! That will help! YOUR DAY WILL COME!!!!

to you while you wait AGAIN!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2009, 03:10 AM

I remember feeling so bad when they rescheduled you the first day.. I was scheduled the same day you were.. I know how awful I would have felt if something like that had happened to me. It is hard once you get your mind set and ready for this.
I am so so sorry..
I can only say that it will be over soon.. all the waiting will be worth it.. Lucky you didnt have to start all over again, I guess.
Unread 06-12-2009, 04:29 AM

Oh, Sweetie,
I am sooo sorry this has happened AGAIN. Not much help now, but after it's all done, there will have been a REASON.
Glad you can come here and vent.
Colleen
Unread 06-12-2009, 07:00 AM

I think that after being rescheduled twice, you derserve all the Ben and Jerry's that you want

I'm sending good vibes that this will be the date that sticks and all will go smoothly for you.

Unread 06-12-2009, 01:24 PM

Ooh, add me to your list of sympathetic wishers. I'm so sick of the waiting I'm going nuts, but with your unusual situation, maybe think of it more like some of the others are saying--there's a REASON for this. It's like your "I don't feel like I should get on that flight" warning.

But it's all going to be good, and go get some more B&J! (I've lately fallen prey to Reeses Pieces for calm!)
Unread 06-12-2009, 08:13 PM

oh NO!! Adrielynn!!

Like all the others on this thread I feel for you.... Yet it is better he is not working on you with his hand screwed up.

BnJ has a oatmeal cookie with cinnamon ice cream that is good for a change too..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register