ovrian pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-10-2011, 01:37 PM
ovrian pain?

ok so i am not positive i have endometriosis: it will be checked for during my hysterectomy may 4th 2011.

so what im really concerned about lately:

2 weeks ago i had a colonoscopy & that turned out well, and 3 weeks before that an ultra sound.

ultra sound: left ovarian cyst & uterine fibroid tumors near the right.

so for about 2 weeks: my right side of my body & near my right ovary: has been REALLY hot & crampy. the right side of my body down my leg/inner thigh, all the way back to my kidney area.

i saw my primary doc, he gave me bentyl & its not doing any good & my gastro wont see me & im not sure my gyno can help.

ive had enough & ive got my surgery in may & i need whatever this is taken care of before it.

should i just chalk it up & go to the ER? this is just an odd problem. i doubt they can help.

im just not sure what doctor to see. since ive see mine & my gastro wont see me ( i called him 3x, he just said, go buy gas x).. should i call my gyno & explain my symptoms or just go to the ER?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Re: ovrian pain?

If you are concerned, either visit ER or an Urgent Care facility.

Do you have a fever? Any chance you have appendicitis?

Let us know how things turn out! in there!

Unread 04-10-2011, 07:46 PM

the pain is by my right ovary (then goes diagonal, up by my right side of my body, then ends by my kidneys: to be more specific) but the ultra sound showed nothing there....

so im not sure: why there would be pain there & why it would be pain on the whole right side of my body & WHY the heck its HOT.

all i get asked when i call nurse lines & my doc: do you have a temp, do you see blood or any vomiting & of course that is no: so..what the heck.

no chance of appendicitis.

i really have NO idea what this could be, or if the ER would help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2011, 09:51 PM

I had an ovarian cyst (right side) and had lower back pain(right), outer and inner thigh pain(right), front/pelvic pain(right and left), I think side pain too but I can't remember now. I don't remember it being hot. I think the pain from the cyst radiated out and presented in other locations. In fact for weeks before diagnosis I was convinced it was lower back pain. It was not at all obvious to me that it was an ovarian cyst. The ultrasound showed the cyst.
Unread 04-10-2011, 10:01 PM

yeah? thanks that helps a ton!

but thats the problem. my cyst is on the left & the pain & hotness is on the right. grr

im calling my gyno, on monday & maybe she can help. shes my last effort. i really dont want to go to the ER, they are always useless.

since my regular doc tried and cant help & my gastro refuses to help, lets try one more doctor. sheesh.

i thought id get some insight here, to see if anyone here had similar symptoms.
Unread 04-10-2011, 11:25 PM

This sounds like my pain, it's so bad I can't walk. Definitely see one of your doctors though because it could be other things. Maybe one of them will give you something to control the pain until you have your surgery. Best of luck!
Unread 04-11-2011, 05:00 AM

DogLover82,

I hope your doc can figure out what's causing it. The heat part sounds unusual so it's worth asking your gyn or even an ER about it.

I've had a similar pain for the past month (but without the heat) and my doc thinks it's an endometrioma on my right ovary that swelled during my last cycle and is now causing the pain. She advised me to just hang in there and they will clean it off my ovary during my LSH this Wed.

Hope they can straighten it out soon for you--I'll be sending good thoughts your way because I know it can be really frustrating.
Unread 04-11-2011, 11:25 AM

thank you all so much!

yes its frustrating & really odd!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register