Scheduled TAH A little nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A little nervous A little nervous

Unread 02-23-2014, 06:55 AM
A little nervous

I go in the morning for my TAH. I've never been put to sleep n I'm a little nervous. Scared of not waking up, scared of not being all the way to sleep n knowing n feeling everything, u name it I've thought about it. Lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2014, 07:55 AM
Re: A little nervous

hi cindy
Not sure if you've had your op yet if you haven't try not to worry Im sure all will go well they will make sure that you go to sleep quickly they have all kinds of monitors in there to make sure all is going well before you know it you will be opening your eyes and it will all be over with its natural to be nervous but just remember they are very good at what they do soon you will be on the road to recovery and can put all this behind you
well be thinking of you and looking forward to your post saying all went well
Unread 02-23-2014, 09:51 AM

for you Cindy. It is absolutely normal to be nervous and a little scared especially the closer we get to the surgery date. I know that this will be hard, but I'm going to ask you to try not to focus on any of the scary stuff. Try and do something that will shift your focus. Try to fit in something special for you, maybe like a movie, massage, dinner or whatever you like to do.

The most important thing that I would like to try to do is not to let the what ifs consume you. Don't let the things that you have absolutely no control over drive you crazy.
Here's a quote that may help you:
Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength. ~ Corey Ten Boom

Trust that your doctors will to the job that S/he is trained to do and will take very good care of you. And if you are a believer put it in Gods hands, and if there is any worrying to be done, let Him handle it, He's got this

Don't let the things you have no control over sap your strength, instead use your strength to focus on the better quality of life that lies ahead. You got this sweetie and we'll be right here with you cheering you on

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycmce View Post
... Scared of not waking up, scared of not being all the way to sleep n knowing n feeling everything, u name it I've thought about it. Lol.
It is scary waiting for it, the hospital made my anticipation much worse by emailing links to informational presentations that went over all the risks and my gosh I hadn't realized how many there were.
Luckily my coworkers are the frequent flyers of surgery and reassured me both by their continued existence and by their assurances that it is over in a blink of an eye from the patient's perspective.
And that is how it was for me, one minute chatting to the nurse and the next moment finding myself in bed in my hospital room.
Good luck with your surgery!
Unread 02-23-2014, 05:59 PM

my surgery is tomorrow as well. We will get through it together with anyone else scheduled for tomorrow.
Unread 02-23-2014, 08:06 PM
A little nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger49rw View Post
my surgery is tomorrow as well. We will get through it together with anyone else scheduled for tomorrow.

Good luck to u too! Hope u get some rest tonight. Prayers for all of us!!
Unread 02-23-2014, 08:14 PM

My surgery is in 3 days and I've been doing a lot of EFT (emotional freedom tapping - google it, it looks really weird, but it works miracles). I copied this script from a bunch of different websites and it's been helping me TREMENDOUSLY. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to include it all, in case it's helpful for any of you

Pre:
"Even though I'm terrified of surgery…"

Fear of Anesthesia
"Even though I'm afraid I will lose control and act inappropriately (under anesthesia), I choose to be appropriate and calm during the procedure." This way of applying EFT uses the Choices Method which calls for constructing a statement reflecting the specific goals of the individual.

Fear of Dying
I choose to be calm and confident that everything will go smoothly.
Even though I'm afraid of dying during the operation, I choose to handle whatever happens, beautifully
Even though I'm afraid of dying during the operation, I know that God will be with me at every moment.

Fear of Pain
Even though I am afraid of pain after the surgery, I choose to be relaxed and have my pain fully under control."

“Even though I’m going for surgery, I love and trust my body — body, you’re going to do great.”

“Even though it’s a little scary, I want my body to know that I have an excellent surgeon and I have complete trust that she is going to do a great job.”

“Even though my uterus, abdomen and ovaries have to go through this, I’m informing the tissues and fibers and cells of my ovaries, abdomen and uterus about what to expect and how to cooperate…”

I then talked to each affected part, “Skin, you can accept the incision. Your job is to open up the gateway. Thank you for your courage, you’re a trooper.” And so forth. I visualized the good result and tapped that in too. “I see myself when it’s all over with my abdomen, ovaries and hormones strong and healed, perfect form and function. I appreciate how well my body has handled this.” I tapped these thoughts in and also simply repeated them mentally.

I also talked to the body about minimizing any negative effects. “Even though my body has to go through surgery, I’m asking my body to accept the anaesthesia perfectly… and minimize bleeding… and minimize swelling… and accept the vaginal cuff and the rest of the surgery, balance my hormones…support my ovaries... it’s going to be wonderful, welcome support.”
Unread 02-23-2014, 08:24 PM

Hang in there...will be over before you know it!

Tell the anesthesia team about your worries...perhaps they can give you something to start relaxing while you wait.
Unread 02-23-2014, 08:41 PM

I have had several surgeries in my life and have never had any trouble. You feel like you were just put to sleep when you wake up. Like not time has passed. Then you realize where you are. At the same time a nurse will be at your bedside talking to you and waking you up. Please don't worry about the anesthesia or waking up. It is really nothing. The only thing scaring me about the surgery is the recovery after....I don't like drugs and I don't like pain so thinking I may have a bit of a road ahead. But I am not worried about the surgery itself. As someone said earlier in this thread - the OR staff are highly educated and won't let anything happen to you. Good luck. Mine is on Thursday. My only worry is that my blood pressure will be too high or that this cold that is going around hits me.... Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register